Medium Roadtrip Proposal - The French Connection or "Oh Millau My!"

On the other hand, we've had a consistent 30+ here so I'll be glad to have Aircon.

On the other hand, we've had a consistent 30+ here so I'll be glad to have Aircon.

I am going to laugh if the aircon runs out of gas halfway through your trip :D

Just realized I have over 1300 km to do to make it to Millau, oops! I better split that up into two days. I can easily do 1000, but adding over 300 on top would severely complicate things. I also just realized how short I am on time... So here's my plan as it stands:

30th: writing this at the coast of Croatia
31st: driving home and packing for trip
01st: meet up with nicjasno for some last second repairs on the car (under-engine cover and engine snub mount) :lol:
02nd: do around 700km to somewhere mid-Italy to a charming and overly expensive hotel
03rd: do another 600km to Millau, meet up with Eye-Q

:lol:

I will be posting on twitter and instagram probably. Might not have the patience to post on the forums via phone. @darjanator for both

So, I'm starting my trip now, first to Joe's place, tomorrow somewhere around Dijon, on Thursday in Millau. See you there. :)

Well, I'm 20 km from Joe's - Mikkos Benelli blew a fuse and we're stranded...

Bugger. Hope you get/got it sorted it without too much delay.

We left the bike at the parking lot of a refinery since we couldn't figure out the culprit. The thing is that the bike just had a service and it didn't have that problem before according to Mikko. Let's see what the shop says tomorrow/today.

In classic Top Gear tradition I left Mikko and Tobias behind, I'm currently a bit south of Dijon eating a Pizza at the campsite and will head to Millau tomorrow to meet up with Darjan.

I am packed and ready.

Which was coincidentally also my nickname in college.

Leaving tomorrow at 7 am. Should have about 12 hours of driving ahead of me. Might make it before nightfall. Probably won't.

Your gamble with me making a reservation by person at "camping des ruisses" didnt work. I was there at 13:00 and there was already a line of 10 people. At 14:00 they opened but had only 6 pitches free.

So I went to 4 other camping places nearby and finally found a place for you guys. You have now a reservation for 1 pitch for 3 tents for 3 nights at:

camping le moulin
04360 Moustier Ste Marie

Your pitch number is 146, reserved under my name: Urs Lippuner
The pitch has electricity.

Take note that one guy before me had a group with 4 cars and he got refused because of it. So I straighforward lied to them and said you had only one car. So you have to be a bit clever with parking, there is only 1 car allowed on the pitch anyway. The other cars have to park outside of the gates for the night.

Also you have to change pitch after the first night inside the camping place. The second pitch you can keep for the rest of two nights. - Was the last chance so I took it.

Last edited:
I'm parked up at the entrance of "camping des ruisses" (the initial place without space) with a good book in the hands to catch up any of you who have no internet (or are too lazy to have a look into this thread) and hence did not see the info above about the camping place change.

I'm here until 22:00. After that I go to my climatised hotel room and you guys are on your own. Thehe.

Post in here so I have info.

And we weren't checking the thread, but instead trying to contact him on his broken phone. :D