No 56k: Meet Joules Autonomie - my '14 Tesla Model S P85+ w/AP

Adrian

Chariot of Fire
Car(s)
'13 VW T5, '07 SMC, '94 BMW 850, '92 Donkervoort
Couple of weeks ago a golden opportunity presented itself. It was a deal almost too good to be true. I've been following the markets for these specific models for a year or so, and this car was originally sold from Norway to a car rental company in Spain last year for 670.000 NOK. It's been presented for sale back in Norway for three months or so now, and a couple of weeks ago it disappeared. Someone asked the seller to take it offline in exchange of picking it up the following day. That guy never showed up, and the seller was moving out of country within a couple of weeks and needed it gone ASAP. I was lucky to spot it having left Finn.no open as i went to bed, casually refreshed in the morning and couldn't believe my eyes really... It was at offered at 100.000 NOK below current market price. Straight on the phone asking if this was a mistake, i was assured and explained it was not. And i was the first to call. Right'o.

Called up my good friend Larswey who kindly offered to drive me down there the following day after work. Checked it out, pushed the go-pedal a bit, and i was immediately smitten - couldn't pass this up. In the meantime between calling and looking at it, i made some calls to the Tolls and Tax departments on recommendations from the DMV who told me the car is stuck in limbo between the Norwegian and Spanish customs and DMV departments - officially it had no owner or registration, and the current owner had driven it for a year on his dealer plates. It was a mess, but after about two weeks of meetings, endless phone calls and paperwork it was all sorted - car was picked up two days ago, new plates arrived today!

- Yes, that's the frunk. All pictures can be pressed for larger versions.

In the same process i had a friend at Tesla Norway check out the history for me, and there are some things to attend to - a couple of bulletins have not been done as the car has been sitting, but nothing major. The beauty with Teslas is your warranty stay intact even if you don't service it at all. This has had 60k km service done, but lacks the 80k km as it now sits close to 90k km. Allthough it works perfectly fine atm, i'll get to it over winter. Will also try and update this thread as the car is tended to, like the panoramic roof - it works but it's not happy about it. The Universal Connector (what connects the plugs to the internal chargers) had also been replaced, and Norway being a special snowflake in the electricity department (IT-net instead of TN-net like rest of Europe) it requires a specific version which the former owner didn't get being in the EU. Quick stop at the closest Service Center and they replaced it in five minutes :D

As for the car itself, it's pretty neatly specced. Excent for having partial leather and cloth seats, and no child seats in the boot, it has all the bells and whistles. Active cruise control and lane assist, HiFi sound package, winter package (ALL seats heated,) panoramic roof, piano black accents, air suspension and most importantly the Plus (Spordy!) suspension package. Oh, and a honkin-big electric melon in the back connected directly to the go-pedal. This is what's referred to as a Unicorn in these weird circles, a RWD model with Plus-package and Autopilot. There's about 10 in Norway and maybe 40-50 worldwide :mrgreen:

i'll try and keep this thread posted with more pictures as i get hand controls and stuff fitted. Currently i'm for the most part sitting in it from time to time listening to music - a temporary controllable setup should be here next week - this suits my dad well as his Getz finally bit the ghost literally the same hour as i registered this... He's having a great time with it :lol:

Last edited:
So it seems this is the first Tesla in this forum - I'm looking forward to see this thing on the ring, what about this year's ringmeet btw? You haven't posted anything in the thread yet... ;)

That's unexpected. Very. But seriously awesome!

What about hand controls?

C'mon, don't just look at the pretty pictures... :p
It's in the last paragraph:
i'll try and keep this thread posted with more pictures as i get hand controls and stuff fitted.

Oooooooooh, shiny... drive it and enjoy many happy kilometers!

Nice! Quite the departure from your current fleet, but fitting all the same.

X2 on the RingMeet question.

Great to hear you finally got one! And that spec suits it really well.

So it seems this is the first Tesla in this forum - I'm looking forward to see this thing on the ring, what about this year's ringmeet btw? You haven't posted anything in the thread yet... ;)
I've replied to the Spreadsheet, i believe. However the Tesla will only make it if the Donk doesn't. It's either 8er with Donkervoort on a trailer, or the Tesla alone. Take your pick! :wheelchair:

That's unexpected. Very. But seriously awesome!
What about hand controls?
I've talked about it for years in the #gear chat! Regarding hand controls, a set of temporary ones are in the mail.

Oooooooooh, shiny... drive it and enjoy many happy kilometers!
Oh yes, i fully intend to. My dad is currently taking full advantage before i can drive it, and he's loving it :lol:

I think he paid 12k USD (100k NOK) below the market price, not for the car.
This is correct. I won't type the amount out as it can come back and bite me in the ass in a future sale, but it has five zeroes. Current market value is 600-630k NOK. I can probably put 10k km and a year on this car and end up at zero.

Congrats man!
Great to hear you finally got one! And that spec suits it really well.
Thank you guys! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'm actually not surprised to see this, because Facebook has been suggesting me to join Adrian and Liga in Tesla Owners Group for some time already :p

Anyway congrats on getting a cool 4-wheeled gadget! If it makes it to the Ringmeet, I'd gladly take a place in the line to have a ride in it :)

I've talked about it for years in the #gear chat!
Must have been long ago, since I can't remember. ;) :p

Anyway, bring it to Ringmeet. Better than the Donk. It's a pain in the ass to be only able to give one person at a time a ride, believe me! :D

I've replied to the Spreadsheet, i believe. However the Tesla will only make it if the Donk doesn't. It's either 8er with Donkervoort on a trailer, or the Tesla alone. Take your pick! :wheelchair:

Tesla, tesla, tesla, tesla ...

Should i go on?

It's either 8er with Donkervoort on a trailer, or the Tesla alone.

I'm curious as to which option will require more refuelling stops/time.

Ronja with a trailer is surely heading towards single digits for MPG while typical Adrian-style driving would point to around 100 miles or so between charging stops for Joules. :lol:

I'm curious as to which option will require more refuelling stops/time.

Ronja with a trailer is surely heading towards single digits for MPG while typical Adrian-style driving would point to around 100 miles or so between charging stops for Joules. :lol:
Ronja with trailer does 11-12 l/100km. On a 90l tank i can do home to Ring with one stop, but i do more than that because fuck doing 100-110 kph for twelve hours straight. With the Tesla and starting from home fully charged, i'll probably use less time including charging. Say three or four stops of 15 minutes maybe? :hmm:

When i have it at 100% again at home i'll ask the navigation to show me a route and post it here :p

Also after spending way too much money this summer, it does surely look like the Tesla will be at Ringmeet. Working with Thomas and hosts at Viktoria Station to work out a decent charging solution so we can do launches all day :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Yesterday my friend Luis and I went on the first longer trip out in the woods - no worries! Flicked the charge-state to 100% from my phone before going to bed, and woke up to a fully charged and awake car. Drove to Oslo to pick up Luis, then two and a half hours into the woods to try some fun gear:
p0H0ZBll.jpg

GhF7MKQl.jpg

Among other things - however i was too busy falling over on the hills and offroad cources to take more pictures :lol:

Made it back to the Supercharger north of Drammen with ~50km of range after Luis drove all the way back like he stole it:
OHrpF6ol.jpg

And by the time i had gone in to pee and get a cup of cocoa the car was more than ready to leave:
u7PKz3Yl.jpg

Today another 150 km or so until i'm back home :) Two days of hilarous fun with good friends, with many kilometeres driven, essentially for free and with no appreciable extra time taken to do so with electricity :)