No 56k: Meet Joules Autonomie - my '14 Tesla Model S P85+ w/AP

I'm really curious about that car, even though from what I've read and seen so far, it's more like a comfy cruiser with a good quarter-mile acceleration. Not ideally suited for long, fast Autobahn runs or the N?rburgring because usually it switches to reduced power once you thrash it for a couple of minutes. I doubt you'd have much fun on the Ring with it but I'm definitely curious to see one live and up close :)

I'm curious about how much one lap of the Ring drains the batteries and how soon on the lap the car switches to reduced power. :)

I'm curious as to how much Adrian can get away with monopolising any charging points in the vicinity of the 'Ring.

I'm curious as to how much Adrian can get away with monopolising any charging points in the vicinity of the 'Ring.
I have lobbied Chancellor Thomas to check with VS what they have of available plugs, and threw in a suggestion that there's no Tesla Destination Chargers within any meaningful vicinity to the ring meaning VS could have these put up for free if they were accepted. Thomas got the go-ahead from the man in charge to start this processs, and last i heard they have been accepted and are scheduled to talk plans the coming week. Might not be in place for Ringmeet this year, but i'll work something out if that's the case. Worst case i have to pay through my ears at a 22kW point by the GP track, but i'd rather give that money to VS while charging overnight and sleeping in an air-conditioned car :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious about how much one lap of the Ring drains the batteries and how soon on the lap the car switches to reduced power. :)
Depends entirely on how you drive. The battery temperature is not the problem, it's the watercooled rotor and stator for the electric motor. What heats these up is mostly regenerative braking, if you lower or disable this you'll have no heat issues on a ringlap - and the brakes are more than sufficient on their own. Could probably pull out two full ringlaps including driving to/from, driving around getting food etc.

Curses! Ninja'd.

Shotgun on the other lap, providing there are no white vans, old farts or white concrete blocks on the Nordschleife at the time.

Have you really thought through what you applied for?

A lap on the Nordschleife...

With Adrian...

In a 500+ HP Tesla...

Reactions: MWF
Robert Llewlleyn did a run from England to Norway(?) and documented it on his YT channel, Fully Charged. I can't find it at the moment, but there are a ton of good videos concerning EVs and "alternative power" generation.

By the way, congrats.

You do know that I am latently suizidal, don't you?
You ride motorbikes, so that comes without saying. ;)

Anyway, Adrian, best electric wheelchair ever that Tesla. :lol: Sweet purchase!

I was really impressed by this car. It succesfully blew away my preconceptions about electric cars. It's a seriously capable car.

I was really impressed by this car. It succesfully blew away my preconceptions about electric cars. It's a seriously capable car.

this. if i think back to the testdrive i did with a P95D, my jaw still drops to the floor