Ownership Verified: Meet Luigi DeVito! That's right, another MX-5! Sorry.

How much does a full respray cost?

Asking for a friend ...

WDWBen;n3549350 said:
Looks awfully red. Still think the new ND MX-5 red would look really wicked, though.

Yep I'm sure it would, some people might see the colour as close to that once it's revealed. I think the colour that got put on the car had a bit more depth and pops just a bit more than the current MX-5 red.

Adamar;n3549351 said:
How much does a full respray cost?

Asking for a friend ...

That's a pretty open ended question - how big is the car, how much body work tidying needs to be done, how much prep work is there and who does it?

loose_unit;n3549356 said:
Yep I'm sure it would, some people might see the colour as close to that once it's revealed. I think the colour that got put on the car had a bit more depth and pops just a bit more than the current MX-5 red.

The only thing the quick colorizer I used wouldn't show is if it's pearl/metallic or not ;)

nicjasno;n3549347 said:
So....

The car has some color on it! Well... all you get for now is some B/W pics to keep you in the dark for a bit longer.

This weekend is assembly time and hopefully we can make it a sunday drive.

Is ArmedCats down? I can't see the pictures :(

WDWBen;n3549367 said:
The only thing the quick colorizer I used wouldn't show is if it's pearl/metallic or not ;)

You should post the pic here! I would like to see how close it is to the real shade/paint type

RdKetchup;n3549370 said:
Is ArmedCats down? I can't see the pictures :(

It seems to be, but here is a dump of pictures anyway using my personal image hoster:

I think it's blue, like this one:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"525","width":"700","src":"https:\/\/www.mx5world.com\/registry\/pictures\/271820\/1993_Mazda_MX_5_Mariner_Blue_Sally_M_000.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I think he's even more of a troll than we think and it's actually grey. It's looking great now though, whatever colour it is. :)

Last edited:
Matt2000;n3549418 said:
I think he's even more of a troll than we think and it's actually grey. It's looking great now though, whatever colour it is. :)

I like your thinking. And yes, the car is looking absolutely fantastic.

loose_unit;n3549411 said:

"Oi!
I'll twist your nuts off, you wanker!"

Adunaphel;n3549504 said:
I've red it all. I just hope he didn't blue it when he greenlit this. Orange you as curious as I am?

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Stop it with the puns or I am goung to yellow at you. Shit - since when are you infectious?