Ownership Verified: Meet Luigi DeVito! That's right, another MX-5! Sorry.

Got the car back yesterday ... Took it out today, the new car seat fits! My daughter loves it too!
D9055DE6-569E-44D3-B706-A690EEC47A02.jpeg
37E9EFC2-B764-4DF6-A15F-48361056BE2D.jpeg

I also particularly like the new knob -_-

87E471C0-246A-4731-B2DA-754FC6F8BDFE.jpeg

Storms coming and I have to move more than one additional person around, so back to the garage it goes! I put the eyes in "sleepy mode" :D so cute!

9BD05CE4-78D7-4E15-AD0A-584AE7412136.jpeg

74D3EBB9-64BF-48E3-ACE3-931263D53A0B.jpeg

do you have a battery tender for the car while its in the garage?

The car looks good

do you have a battery tender for the car while its in the garage?

The car looks good
No, I’ll disconnect the battery over winter … but it’s not really needed anyway, there are no battery draining issues…

Oil change done today, 215,444 miles covered at the time of the oil change... That is 346,723km... I also added another bottle of stop leak into the oil :D

The culprit for the leaky oil is the head gasket ... It will get done this year... Accident damage and rust first though!

IMG_4990.JPG

My daughter loves it!

So! Bit of an update ... The inspection expired in September 2022, but I moved the car to my new place so I could do some work.

The rust has progressed:
IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

Mario and Luigi together:

IMG_2384.JPG

Now, time for a totally necessary and worthwhile upgrade of installing a light bar... :D.

Here is the approximate mounting position:

IMG_2493.JPG

Some fusing and loom building:
IMG_2508.JPG

Starting installation:
IMG_2551.JPG

Testing with the light bar installed, I did not really take any photos of building the brackets though:
IMG_2575.JPG

Button! It looks a bit poor, it was my first attempt though and I have a few ideas of what to do next to improve the whole setup ... In any case it will do for now (Note the hole on the right is for an existing light that turns on when the fog light is on)
IMG_2605.JPG

Motivated to procrastinate on other things I was soldering in the rain and snow:
IMG_2606.JPG

It works well, I have a few adjustments to make and the final installation will happen when I can get out of bed properly as I am quite sick right now.

Here are the brackets that I made getting their primer and how they look now:
IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

So hopefully in the next few days I will complete the installation!

Additionally I have signed with a local body shop to get all the rust repaired and new bumper etc, waiting on an appointment as they are waiting on the parts before they book that in... Then it will go off to the mechanic to get the oil leak fixed and TÜV! So it should be back for Ringmeet 2023!

Got the light bar installed today as I am through the worst of my sickness:

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

And a quick test:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SV1Nc0Erzs
I need to get it out somewhere with a bit more distance, I might take it out this weekend up to my forest.

All-in-all I am really happy with how it turned out, I know there are fabricators that will scoff at the amatureness of it, but that is what I am :D

I remember looking at the prices of Lazer lights when they were popular at Land Rover shows and... well they're quite an investment, aren't they? Damn impressive though.

The video thumbnail looks like it's a screenshot from My Summer Car. :D

I remember looking at the prices of Lazer lights when they were popular at Land Rover shows and... well they're quite an investment, aren't they? Damn impressive though.

The video thumbnail looks like it's a screenshot from My Summer Car. :D
I got a good deal on this one used :D I would not have paid for a new one for Luigi, it's pointless :p

I got a good deal on this one used :D I would not have paid for a new one for Luigi, it's pointless :p
I reconsidered suggesting that the light might be worth a decent percentage of Luigi's value. :p

I'll have to look online as it would be nice to replace the incandescent driving lights on the Discovery with decent LEDs.

Those wheels really look great. I remember the apprehension, but this was a good choice.

I know I know “look at my LED’s!” But still. :)

Those wheels really look great. I remember the apprehension, but this was a good choice.

I know I know “look at my LED’s!” But still. :)
They look even better when they are actually clean :-D

"LIGHTBAAAAAR!"

Haha, this rules.

Car goes in on Monday for the first round of work ... New cylinder head gasket ... We will see what they find in there, I will also ask to sort a few other bits and pieces.

Still waiting on parts from the body shop for the rust/accident repair ...

Here is a few pics of the light bar running ... I can't wait to actually use this somewhere :D

A2781A1C-0CE5-4EAA-A322-0CD5094EAD7A_1_105_c.jpeg

CA5CEFB6-A980-4CE8-8A2E-B48EA5948514_1_105_c.jpeg

Damn that's bright :D

Good luck! The Porschelump runs stronger than ever after its head gasket job. It's probably the most fun it's ever been and pulls so much better now that we've refreshed a bunch of stuff in there. Hopefully Luigi comes out the same.

It got jizzed on ... Gave it a quick clean before it goes off to the body shop today for rust repair, new bumper etc.

59BEDAD6-58D8-4A04-A48B-0136EA3E05DB_1_105_c.jpeg

Went and saw Luigi today, Front right wing was off, new bumper was on, sills were welded, the colour match looked perfect ... It won't be ready for Ringmeet, but I am so happy that it's nearly done and can go off to get TÜV ... I miss having it, despite the utterly shit weather we are having right now!