Ownership Verified: Meet Luigi DeVito! That's right, another MX-5! Sorry.

In that case I think I should kick off a crowd funding exercise to get you mobile again.

Put me down for 10 bucks to start things off if someone in 'Schland can sub me until Ringmeet.

I can donate 50? from my limits funds (did the same for Nicjasno).

And @public, frankenmiata?

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I have two MX5s which run beautifully...what are you people doing?

Last edited:
www.gofundme.com

Just set it up Joe. You'll be back on the road in no time. You're at 70 Euros minimum already.

Dude, you're family. We take care of our own. Plus spring is here and we can't have an MX5 going to waste.

Blake your engine issues are a whole different ball game, mainly because most of us are certain the shop screwed up.

If if it helps I'll buy you dinner one night in August. You can hold me to that :hug:

We still don't know that for sure.

And I don't know if that still seems selfish, or whether I'm even owed anything, but my daily driver got fucked over three catastrophically huge times?this seems like peanuts in comparison.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. If it turns out the shop can't or won't sort it out then start a go fund me page in your car's thread and I promise to be one of the first to chip in.

You're family just like Joe is and right now we know where he stands but we can't say the same for you. I was only able to do last year's Ringmeet thanks to the generosity of fellow members helping out with some loose change and I'm hoping to give back in any way I can.

It's a little late for that now, anyway. Last year I considered launching a Kickstarter and was met with people here saying "why would we pay to fix your car?"

Not all of us think like that. I don't.

And trust me until you've been through divorce at the hands of a spiteful, vindictive bitch you don't have a clue about what "fucked over" truly means.

Last edited:
Dude, you're family. We take care of our own. Plus spring is here and we can't have an MX5 going to waste.

It's a little late for that now, anyway. Last year I considered launching a Kickstarter and was met with people here saying "why would we pay to fix your car?"

See, Blake needs it more than me!

My GF and I have gone over the parts list and it's not *that* expensive and we can probably get most of it after we get paid in a week or two.

Well the offer is there from me to either or both of you.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Hope everything gets fixed pretty quickly.

Hey I understand as does Joe I'm sure.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Hope everything gets fixed pretty quickly.

All good :) Most people here know how shitty it's been for you with all the problems you have had with the car. I actually don't mind working on the car myself and pulling it to bits, but like you, I don't have a garage to do it in so it just sit's on the street right now :-(

What good is an mx-5 if, in the best driving weather, it sits unused on the side of the road.