News: MegaSquirt Engine Management Now Plug-N-Play for over 40 models!!! (ATTN: MIATAS)

Do you have any plans on releasing one for a Merkur XR4Ti? The whole Merkur community pretty much uses megasquirt already.

No no no. You aren't suppose to get that working so I can get your rear end for practically nothing. :p

Hey Jerry - good to see you found us. :D Give my regards to Matt - I'm one of the two guys in Dallas that are working on MegaSquirting our old Jaguars.

Let me guess, Google Search?

Google is my friend yes, they have a service called Google Alerts that will email you alerts on new pages/threads with your key words.

I also find threads tracing back traffic to our site through our stats app. I think that's how I found this one originally.

We have a couple standalone trans control options in the works-- one is the GPIO box which will do tranny control and far more, though it's not available just yet. Another is to use a MicroSquirt using James Murray's tranny code which is available in beta now.

Merkur XR4Ti-- that's a 60-pin Ford EEC-IV ECU right? I just might finally have a lead on those connectors....

I wonder if it's worth it to put this in my little Honda. The computer is starting to die, and from what I can see, it's about the same money to buy this as it is to buy a new computer for my car... *ponders*

No no no. You aren't suppose to get that working so I can get your rear end for practically nothing. :p

Haha well you do know that I have 2 right???

We have a couple standalone trans control options in the works-- one is the GPIO box which will do tranny control and far more, though it's not available just yet. Another is to use a MicroSquirt using James Murray's tranny code which is available in beta now.

Merkur XR4Ti-- that's a 60-pin Ford EEC-IV ECU right? I just might finally have a lead on those connectors....

I believe but I'm not certain, I can check with the more seasoned Merkur experts. All you need is a connector? I may have one to send, if not there are plenty of other Merkur guys that would probably be able to send you one.

A good forum for Merkur owners I am apart of is www.merkursport.com

Anyone want to hazard a guess why the Impreza is only supported up to 1995?

The list is based off US market connectors. I believe they used the same connector on later years in other countries where they kept the OBD-I ECU in production longer. Unfortunately, it's harder for us to get information on these cars.

Hey, Matt! Looks like more of the DIYA crew are showing up around here. :D

Damn I already have mine- if I didn't already have one (earlier, by no means plug-and-play) of these already this would be my next toy.

We've got a good startup map for our 85 GSL-SE which is a 13B, and though we still offer it as a startup map, that one is well tuned for our car. FYI that is setup with a S4 ignition system, CAS and Coil Packs.

We've also just installed a DIYPNP on a 1990 n/a S5 RX7. Car belongs to a shop owner a couple doors down. We did that on Tuesday and he's supposed to be bringing it back in to us to tune soon. Then we'll have complete pinout and startup map info to post for S5's.

Was that the car in GRM a few months ago? Unfortunately my car is still all stock S3, so it probably would not run right for me.

The list is based off US market connectors. I believe they used the same connector on later years in other countries where they kept the OBD-I ECU in production longer. Unfortunately, it's harder for us to get information on these cars.

I believe the UK spec - and presumably European but not necessarily - cars are identical to the Japanese cars of the same year, for the classic impreza anyway. Don't think it applies to the turbo cars the UK had before they sold them as WRXs though.

I'll take a look at the connector in my 96 and see if it's the same as pictured.

Was that the car in GRM a few months ago? Unfortunately my car is still all stock S3, so it probably would not run right for me.

Close-- that car is owned by Greg Voth who works for GRM. This 84 GSLSE is a not-quite-as-pretty example I picked up cheap to prepare for that live install we would be doing in front of a crowd, wanted to have my I's crossed and my T's dotted you know ;).

Still have it around and test on it. This car is bone stock with a tired 203k motor in it, smokes a little, leaks a little, runs good though.