Ownership Verified: Mein Freude am Fahren (E36 328i Touring)

Suspension mods will probably be applied on a what-need-to-be-replaced-gets-upgraded-base. both top and bottom strut bracing will be applied soon-ish, as soon as I am done fixing things on the car that need doing first. Furthermore I will be doing some intake and exhaust tuning to make the engine breathe a bit better, and unlock the true potential of the M52. Cosmetics are way down that list, and I won't be doing much of them anyway, I intend to keep it as stock looking as possible.

Me too! Hopefully I'll be a double member soon :D

I thought yours was a saloon, and not a touring.

it's BMWgear!

- - - Updated - - -

Narrowing it down to tourings is a bit too much, let's say BMW straight 6 owners, then MXM, rootrider and others would be allowed in this exclusive club, too. :)

yah.. especially since the US & Canada didn't get E30 and E36 tourings ;)

Excellent! Glad to see you got it finally :)

Well, i guess we could make it the FG BMW inline 6 owners club. Slightly less exclusive, and there won't ever be a full owners meet :) Only a partial one next ringmeet.

Well, i guess we could make it the FG BMW inline 6 owners club. Slightly less exclusive, and there won't ever be a full owners meet :) Only a partial one next ringmeet.
You mean like so? :)

Sure, it's a big 6-cyl engine, but it's not a "Big Six" :p It's also considerably lighter.

Last edited:
Since the interior shots I took yesterday were out of focus (forgot to set the lens back to autofocus), here's a set of fresh ones (radio still not installed correctly since I still need the conversion cable from 2.5mm jack to 3.5mm):
E36-328iT-1066.jpg

E36-328iT-1067.jpg

E36-328iT-1069.jpg

And since joel really seems to want a picture of the engine:
E36-328iT-1071.jpg

Nice car, congrats! I like the interior color and you did good with the new HU. I would change the wheels too. I recommend Dasi-tire.de for affordable oem wheels.

Yeah, I know of dasi-tire, I keep checking their site, and they have the Style 5s I want, but they be a bit expensive atm. First I will refurb these and then decide what to do with them. I am thinking of getting them painted in E39 M5 gunmetal, like these:
1542421_s.jpg

(bad photo, but illustrates what I want to do with them)

Would you have bought the car if your father did not own a shop?

I might have, but I would've trusted the seller less (even though it was a very reputable Opel dealer), and probably would have requested they had done some fixes before picking it up.