Melbourne International Motorshow 2007

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Who else is going?

I'm planning on heading down to the exhibition centre on sunday, I'll try and get some happy snaps of some of the cooler stuff (if anyone has anything they want a photo of i'll try my best to get one of it)

Toyota is supposed to unveil the TRD aurion I think (230kw FWD which is 300+ hp by my maths)

The Melbourne Motor Show is pretty late this year, I just got back to Melbourne and I thought I would have already missed it... I'm definetly going this year again :D

I'm totally going. Can't wait to see how it compares to Toronto (Holden vs. Buick, hmmmm....)

I wonder if Alfa will have the 8C on display?

I'm going, got a friend who'll be working the Shannon's stalls so free ticket for me! Not to mention the uber cool cars that should be there this year. Caparo T1, Maserati Birdcage and others ... Nope thats about it. I'll bring the camera eitherway :p

I'm going on Monday morning. WOn't be as busy as the weekend and there won't be little shits running around, jumping in cars and beeping horns. I'm taking my camera.

yep same, my friend test drove a aurion and said if you plant it on anything but a perfectly straight and level road the traction control which can't be turned off just stops you

I'm going to give it a miss and head over for the Sydney IMS instead. I generally have a better time in Sydney then Melbourne and they have a better range of cars, generally.

yep same, my friend test drove a aurion and said if you plant it on anything but a perfectly straight and level road the traction control which can't be turned off just stops you

If you could turn it off, you'd just slither around with no steering. FWD FTW. :?

I'm going to give it a miss and head over for the Sydney IMS instead. I generally have a better time in Sydney then Melbourne and they have a better range of cars, generally.

For a while now I've thought the best thing to do would be to alternate the show between Melbourne & Sydney each year - they're both large shows, and not cheap exercises to stage. Alternating would mean that each year the show would be the best possible - and personally I'd be quite happy to take a trip to Sydney every 2nd year to attend.

^ That's one of the reasons I think Sydney and Melbourne should alternate - means manufacturers wouldn't be forced to choose.

The Melbourne Motor Show is pretty late this year, I just got back to Melbourne and I thought I would have already missed it... I'm definetly going this year again :D

I thought the Melbourne show was normally in March, except last year when Brisbane and Melbourne swapped their dates because of the Commonwealth games.

^ That's one of the reasons I think Sydney and Melbourne should alternate - means manufacturers wouldn't be forced to choose.
True...I guess Sydney being the awesome city that it is would mean it gets to host it :D

*no idea where this is going* :p

The Melbourne Motor Show had always been the bigger, better show until the Sydney Motor Show became the Australian International Motorshow.
I will most probably be at the Exhibition Centre on Saturday, just after the first day of opening.