Melbourne Meetup MkII - 4th of May > Gippsland

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Here it is, Melbourne Meet MkII

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/10/finalmeet.jpg

The Route

We'll be following johnr's excellent-looking Gippsland route starting at a nice high profile meet point: The Village Green on the corner of Springvale Rd and Ferntree Gully Rd. The plan is then to shoot out the Princess Freeway in the direction of Pakenham and then the Pakenham and Hallam bypasses to capitalise on the photo opporutnities in the area. The plan is to then head south towards Koo Wee Rup and along the flowing and scenic roads from Lang Lang to Korumburra. From Korumburra, we'll head north along more flowing and scenic roads to Warragul where we'll stop for lunch. From Warragul we'll keep heading north towards Noojee and into the tightening mountain roads to Yarra Junction. At Yarra Junction the people who're feeling up to it can head up to Warburton to enjoy the *ahem* scenery at Mt Donna Buang. From there it's a quiet and easy cruise back into the city through Lilydale.

This cruise is about the same length as the last one. The roads however are not as tight so average speeds should be higher making overall time a fraction shorter.

What to bring: Full tank of juice, 2-way radio, camera, some money for a counter lunch.

We had a pretty good response last time, please RSVP in this thread and I'll make a list of people coming. If the turn out is good I'll have to make a lunch booking again like I did last time!

In:
flyingfridge (Skyline GT-R)
eddysdaman (Lancer Coupe)
watto (MkIII Golf)
andyhui01 (Forester GT)
Ryan (MX-5)
Adam (Commodore SS)
Ben (C4)
Alex (WRX)
SileNceR (MX-5)
beeetle (Lancer)
Bakis (ED XR6)
johnr (MkV Golf GTI)
dxg + mate (MkV Golf GTI)

Might be in:
SileNceR's mate #1 (Skyline GTS)

NEW: PREMEET in Carlton at 9am. PM andyhui01 for details.

Last edited:
Alrighty, lock me in as a "possible, almost definately".

I'm not familiar with the meeting point area. Is the village green the south-west corner of that intersection?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the meeting point area. Is the village green the south-west corner of that intersection?

Yup, that it is ;)

I don't think the Integra is up to it ;(

I'll try to get out of celebrating Mums birthday cause i really want to attend. Ill try convincing the family...

WOW there is going to be ALOT of Forced Induction on this cruise.

I count 7 so far (including johnr's GTI :D)... just saw the list, Sam, are you bringing a friend with an evo9? Damn... that'll give your GTR a run... haha

possibly

I count 7 so far (including johnr's GTI :D)... just saw the list, Sam, are you bringing a friend with an evo9? Damn... that'll give your GTR a run... haha

They're possibly coming, or the EVO will possibly give the GT-R a run for it's money? :p

Two EVO's & the GT-R... that's some fast company...

They're possibly coming, or the EVO will possibly give the GT-R a run for it's money? :p

Two EVO's & the GT-R... that's some fast company...

I should steal Dad's car for the day... Yeah, I'll keep dreaming.

It'll be a laugh keeping up with the big boys in my Golf :lol:

I'm going to some of my close mates if they wanna come, hopefully they might be in, they got: EB Ghia, EA Turbo, BF MKII Typhoon and maybe BA Futura. Hopefully they will come :) aussie cars represent :p