Melbourne Meetup MkII - 4th of May > Gippsland

Bakis, who's EA Turbo?

Just one of my mates, he finally got in installed couple of weeks ago, his names brad... Haven't been in it yet but apparently its pretty quick, he was expecting 180 - 200rwkw and around a mid to high 13 1/4.

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0046.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

Last edited:
It would be a whole 8 kinds of awesome If I could come along, but there's just a few itty bitty problems...

1) It's a long way out of my way and I have to be at work at 7am on Mondays :?
2) I'll get hopelessly lost trying to get there.
3) The only car I have access to is the family Peugeot which someone else will most likely need.
4) Even if I can take the 306 it's gonna really stuggle to keep up with a bunch of turbo-charged rockets. It'll like the twisty stuff though.
5) Mum will freak if I go to Melb to hang out with a bunch of random blokes - although I've done it before. I once disappeared to Geelong with some random guy and his mates I hardly knew and didn't tell her. Scariest moment of my life when I was dropped off at home and she was just standing there at the front door. Oh bugger...

It would be a whole 8 kinds of awesome If I could come along, but there's just a few itty bitty problems...

1) It's a long way out of my way and I have to be at work at 7am on Mondays :?
2) I'll get hopelessly lost trying to get there.
3) The only car I have access to is the family Peugeot which someone else will most likely need.
4) Even if I can take the 306 it's gonna really stuggle to keep up with a bunch of turbo-charged rockets. It'll like the twisty stuff though.
5) Mum will freak if I go to Melb to hang out with a bunch of random blokes - although I've done it before. I once disappeared to Geelong with some random guy and his mates I hardly knew and didn't tell her. Scariest moment of my life when I was dropped off at home and she was just standing there at the front door. Oh bugger...

You're 21.....

Hopefully you can work something out, no-one was weird or anything like that last meet so I have no reason to believe it would be any different this time around

don't worry about that... if its like the last time, it'll involve one group who will do some spirited driving and one group who'll be just cruising.

us 'fast' peeps go hammer and tong for a couple of k's then wait and it's all rather social. there'll be less hammer and tong this time around anyway considering there's less twistiness and more scenery....er, ness.

ah, the joys of brake fade...

it's actually a LOT worse in the GT-R compared to the Rex, might be time for some fresh brake fluid before the cruise.... :whistle:

HH was midfield :(

I think I'll be midfield as well, the Golf is a nifty little thing on the twisty's, makes up for lack of power and torques. And my right foot helps as well:p

^Considering the front runners are going to be lined up with Evo's and GTR's... I think I'll come to Mid-field too... haha.

I'm on 1 point for twelve months too so I will be trying my hardest not to exceed the speed limit - so if it's twisty i'll be at the front... if not so then it depends if anyone speeds :)

Getting an alignment done today on the 5, have just bit too much negative camber at the moment

2417172055_7284d5ecd5.jpg

1 point, ouch.

I wont be going over the limit, need license for work, no license, no job!

^There's often no need to speed on twisty's anyway, you have enough fun at the limit.

Yeah, with the rexy that was the case, but when 100km/h is 6000rpm out of 8000rpm in 2nd, the GT-R tends to fly past that pretty quickly..... :driving:

Hey all.

Noob on the forums, but have been on Final Gear for a few years.

I am a Gippsland local and was stoked when I got the Final Gear email and it was something local to me! I have an engagement party the night before, so I am only a 50/50. Just wondering where you will be stopping for lunch? Warragul?

Cheers!

S

Hey all.

Noob on the forums, but have been on Final Gear for a few years.

I am a Gippsland local and was stoked when I got the Final Gear email and it was something local to me! I have an engagement party the night before, so I am only a 50/50. Just wondering where you will be stopping for lunch? Warragul?

Cheers!

S

At the moment we plan to stop for lunch at a pub in Warragul but no location has been finalised. Any recommendations?!