Melbourne Meetup MkII - Getting it sorted

i'm still down for it hopefully we get some good weather :D

Pissing down at the moment, hope it clears by tomorrow

Just got home... had a nice time. Thanks John for taking the time to get some pictures of our cars.

Sam, your GTR looks much better in person compared to the pictures you posted on the forum :p. You missed out on the road we went on after, it was just one piece of long straight (ps. Stayed at the speed limit though) :p

Just got home... had a nice time. Thanks John for taking the time to get some pictures of our cars.

Sam, your GTR looks much better in person compared to the pictures you posted on the forum :p. You missed out on the road we went on after, it was just one piece of long straight (ps. Stayed at the speed limit though) :p

Some if us didn't i clocked 160 then saw andy's car coming the other way and decided to slow down lol. Skyline would break 200 easy.

We found a even better piece of road afterwards that was had long sweepers and tight bends with a good combination of long straights too, it was about 6 km long.

Hopefully i can make the cruise :D

I love Yarra blvd... lol, with Yarra blvd, if you can get from under the bridge (entrance from Johnston St) to the roundabout ontop of eastern freeway in under 2mins, you're quick.

i think i clocked pretty fast (to stay out of trouble, I'll keep the word think there :p) too, 4-cyl's don't pull as well once you get up to speed compared to the 6 cylinders :(. While driving, i realized that trucks just come in and out of the road without looking so I slowed down, got to the junction, went straight, saw a dead end, thought to myself, shit... i have no idea how to get out.... lol

Last edited:
FBC they're working on the basis that an hour has 120 minutes :p

So there 160km/h is our 80km/h :D

Note my maths is probably wrong

Guys, are you sure you want to admit those things on a public forum?

And especially on Yarra Blvd?? Come on guys, be sensible.

Cruisers love that place which means cops also love that place. You can have plenty of fun sticking to the 60km/h limit on the Blvd, then have a bit of a fang on the Eastern (while watching out for cops, they love the Eastern).

I'm not too fond of fanging it on the eastern though, I stick to the speed limits on more populated roads (Around town and on the freeway)... but on Yarra blvd and that Deserted stretch in docklands, fun there would be much safer IMO.

Also, i think the speed limit on blvd is 50, not 60 if i'm not mistaken.

lol nah blvd was sensible driving ive never been there before, so i had know idea where the road went or anything of the area. The docks were a different story i also forgot to say i meant km per 3 hours lol. so that puts me at 53km/h which is non hooning :D.

Andy ur sounded so good, prob one of the best Subaru noises i've heard lol. Great piece of machinery.

Last edited:
Hmm missed this one.. not sure if I would have made it down if I'd known about it, I guess i'll have to keep an eye here in the future so I don't miss any cruises, I only really go into the photography section at the moment.

Some new cars for some of you by the sounds of things :)

Hmm missed this one.. not sure if I would have made it down if I'd known about it, I guess i'll have to keep an eye here in the future so I don't miss any cruises, I only really go into the photography section at the moment.

Some new cars for some of you by the sounds of things :)

Keep an eye on it, next actual drive is early may, more details coming.

Might bring a mate or two (either riced lancer, or R33 GTS - depends if we can convince the lancer driver (full licence) to be accompanying driver for the R33 owner (L plater))

do you have a route planned?