Melbourne Meetup MkIII - Register Your Interest

12-13 of June is queens b/day long weekend and I probably won't be in melbourne. sounds like the 11th of July it will have to be...

Gives us plenty of time to organize something :)

You should take the GTR :p

3rd of July in a Winton fun day which are a good laugh.
$30 and no CAMS licence required.

nah thanks, lots of mayhem and a good way to get run into. they were fun until they got too popular.

I'd be pretty happy with just a nice drive/cruise somewhere.

nah thanks, lots of mayhem and a good way to get run into. they were fun until they got too popular.

I've only been to the one in Jan this year, thought the driving standard was pretty reasonable. Only a couple of offs on the day and no car-to-car tangles that I saw.
Probably depends on who turns up on the day I imagine.

Cruise or photoshoot is cool though.

Last edited:
I've always had fun at the fun days, but last time I went the track was way too packed with way too many cars doing way too many different speeds and way too many inexperienced track drivers. A 16 year old in a VS ute that he clearly couldn't handle came very close to wiping me out thinking his Commo-spec single potters could stop as well as my Brembos.

Yeah, won't be doing another one any time soon, it's a great day to discover motorsport but give me a properly organised track day any time.

So whats a nice driving route we could take? I haven't been on any long drives for ages now.

It's getting harder and harder for good roads.

Great Ocean Road = traffic & cops
Spur = traffic & cops (mate informed me of a planned crackdown over the next few weeks so be weary)

You don't have to go fast to enjoy a cruise but it's nice to go somewhere open with no cars to just enjoy your car, the scenery and the tarmac below.

I've heard of a road that's newly sealed out near Mt Sabine in the Otways, pretty big drive to get there but it's meant to be epic. Geelong Ring Road makes it easier to get to even if it is a grind.

otways is a big day, I love that route but it's massive. everyone was properly stuffed by the end of the last one.

I really enjoyed johnr's gippsland route we did for the second meet and the first route through healesville is great too and it has the added benefit of the black spur inn...

It's getting harder and harder for good roads.

Great Ocean Road = traffic & cops
Spur = traffic & cops (mate informed me of a planned crackdown over the next few weeks so be weary)

You don't have to go fast to enjoy a cruise but it's nice to go somewhere open with no cars to just enjoy your car, the scenery and the tarmac below.

Great ocean road used to be a favorite of mine, but yeah, its too crowded these days.

I can't go very fast in my car anyway :p

My new skids, swapped over today :)

4g2dyu.jpg

2a4xh4.jpg

Last edited:
hmm a bit wierd eh? imageshack isn't working either. maybe i've just been away for too long...

Last edited:
vbulletin spam filter for carsales(dot)com?

Great ocean road used to be a favorite of mine, but yeah, its too crowded these days.

I can't go very fast in my car anyway :p

Ah yes, you have an Echo, right? If I come we could just pootle along together at the back in our Japanoboxes. I swear my car sometimes feels like it's gonna tip over! :lol:

Awesome. It'll be one cruise for fast cars, than one for little Japanese hatchbacks :lol: