Melbourne Meetup MkIV - 11th of July > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

We need a designated car photographer.

Last edited:
There seem to be a lot of really talented snappers on FG and some usually come along. Clint and Eddy usually come up with awesome photos, johnr from the earlier cruises was amazing. Getting good photos won't be too much of a worry ;)

Hey Andy....feel like giving a gal a lift? :D I'll buy you lunch and take purdy photos of your car.

haha... Happy to give you a lift. Which part of Melb are you in?

The reason I rock up in diff cars each time is cuz the Cruises are too far apart. btw, you've done some amazing times on Winton.. 1:36 is pretty quick :D

Last edited:
I wonder if my car will be too underpowered for overtaking on country roads :lol:

I went over that Mt Beggary road last month, it's been blighted with a retardedly low speed limit and there was an camera car (RAV4) too. Lots of roadworks.
Hopefully still a fun drive.

THey killed it after black saturday. It's more of a cruise now

argh fuck. Even though I asked work more than a month in advance they didn't give me the day off. Unfortunately i can't come :( hope you guys have a great day though!

Dangit. We're looking kinda low on numbers even though we had like 2 months to plan ... lol.

Can we get as many confirmations as possible? If we want/need more cars I can always get more from other cruise clubs but I thought it'd be good for a proper FG cruise ... just wish we had a better turnout. :(

Dangit. We're looking kinda low on numbers even though we had like 2 months to plan ... lol.

Can we get as many confirmations as possible? If we want/need more cars I can always get more from other cruise clubs but I thought it'd be good for a proper FG cruise ... just wish we had a better turnout. :(

I'll post it up on VW watercooled and see if anyone there is keen

tbh... we don't really need Huge numbers to make this fun. We have about 10 atm which is good enough for a cruise

this is true too...

I'd rather keep it small, but thats my opinion.

So is this still happening?

Last thing I want to do is cancel it but maybe ... postpone? raincheck?

I'm kinda sick at the moment so its looking really iffy tomorrow for me but it's up to you guys cause some of you probably had to do a lot of shuffling to get this date free anyway?

x2 on that. No point driving all that way if this is called off.

I will be there no matter what, I'm amped for a drive and Clint and Sarah have made the trip from Warrnambool. The more the merrier.

Cheers

For some strange reason I can't find La Trobe on my TomTom. Which campus is it again?

EDIT: NVM, got it. Is there a BP on the way by any chance? Should be a fun drive either way - Haven't done a long drive in a while now.

Last edited: