[Men's Style]I need a suit... help me internet!

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
I need a good suggestion for a place to get a grey, slim fit suit for a wedding party. Does anyone have any ideas, because in our time of dispair, I turn towards the internet for help!

Brooks Brothers, never fails for a suit under 600 dollars. The Regent is a design that's slimmer cut and more modern. I like Thom Browne, but those are pretty spendy at around 1000 a suit on sale if you can get one, though the store is only in NYC so you'd have to travel to get it.

Also I would avoid slim cut suits at all if you have a bit of fat, they are extremely unflattering. A more classic design will look infinitely better. If you aren't then the slim cut will look great, especially if you have the shoulders to frame it up properly.

Here's a link to the Milano Charcoal Flannel from Brooks Brothers, a classic material with a modern cut. Gray flannel suits are straight out of the 50's retro chic.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...=CHARCOAL&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Just remember also, a suit is only as good as how well it's cut and tailored to you. A guy guy wearing a well cut and tailored that only cost 300 will always look better than a guy who spent 1000 on an improperly fitted suit.

I need a good suggestion for a place to get a grey, slim fit suit for a wedding party. Does anyone have any ideas, because in our time of dispair, I turn towards the internet for help!
Have you considered going to a shop nd buying one? (BTW, personally I don't like grey suits, they always look a bit "double-glazing salesman" to me, but I realise colour might be specified by the wedding dress code.)

Refer to this: http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200608/how-to-buy-a-suit - fit is the most important thing when it comes to buying a suit and while you're at it, search for Project Upgrade on the above site, it'll help you avoid the mistakes that make you look like you've worn your Dad's suit. If all else fails, bring a lady friend along with you.

No one buys a 1000 dollar suit and doesn't get it tailored.

You'd be surprised. I never understood the obsession of ready-to-wear (ironic name) suits that are insanely expensive.

Last edited:
I'm away for 1 day and they start a thread about men's fashion......

I never understood the obsession of ready-to-wear (ironic name) suits that are insanely expensive.
Me either. I guess most of them are "brands" - Boss, Armani, stuff like that - and people want the label. A label is a fairly sall bit of material though, and I'm sure easily snipped out of a jacket hanging in a shop and stitched into a "no name" suit.

Refer to this: http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200608/how-to-buy-a-suit - fit is the most important thing when it comes to buying a suit and while you're at it, search for Project Upgrade on the above site, it'll help you avoid the mistakes that make you look like you've worn your Dad's suit. If all else fails, bring a lady friend along with you.

You'd be surprised. I never understood the obsession of ready-to-wear (ironic name) suits that are insanely expensive.

err, how often do you actually wear a suit?

Seriously, if it's just for a wedding go to macy's - you don't need to spend $1000 for a wedding

A suit is worth investing in, you don't have to go bananas with your budget but try to by the best quality materials that you can. If I buckets of money I would get a bespoke suit done from a Savile Row tailor, but instead I just get a good quality wool suit and take it to a old Korean lady I know who fits a suit like a glove.

A suit is worth investing in, you don't have to go bananas with your budget but try to by the best quality materials that you can. If I buckets of money I would get a bespoke suit done from a Savile Row tailor, but instead I just get a good quality wool suit and take it to a old Korean lady I know who fits a suit like a glove.

You should always have at least one good fitting proper suit in your closet. Even if you're a jeans and t-shirt type of guy.

Besides...men in suits = :wub:

Holy thread necromancy. Batman. I thought RJ had returned for a second.

Damn, and I thought things were about to get interesting again.

Damn, and I thought things were about to get interesting again.

There are absent members who I miss and there are those I don't. FG is a little sadder without LP or Polly for instance but a lot less douchier without RJ.

Plus has Whappeh posted a pic in said suit?