Merc C240

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
To conclude my car shopping, my dad and I purchased this 8 year old C240 with less that 50k mi yesterday! :D
It's a very nice car, and I can't wait to drive it more once we get the insurance all worked out. :cool: The C240 is probably a bit of an odd choice living in Colorado, so I'll probably get some snow chains, but you can't argue with RWD otherwise. Having been stuck driving SUVs most of my driving life, this thing handles really well, and I'm looking forward to taking it over some mountain passes. I'm the "majority shareholder" in the car :p since I paid for 60% of it. My parents paid for the other 40% because we decided we would like to have a second car to put miles on since our M-class is nearly to 250,000mi. Right now it's a shared car and then I'll get to keep the car when I move out. :)

Also, if anyone has any experience, which is the best Mercedes forum to register at?

sany0122-2443.jpg

sany0133-2448.jpg

Last edited:
Why just stop at one? :D

I prefer BenzWorld among the Merc forums.

It just begs for some nice new projector headlights.

What happened to the Euro-spec Focus?

Why just stop at one? :D
Are you talking about forums or cars? :p
I'll definitely register for all of them, but I'll probably just spend most of my time on just one, so I was curious which one is the best. Benz World looks good, thanks!

It just begs for some nice new projector headlights.

What happened to the Euro-spec Focus?

Yeah, that is one of the top mods my dad and I would like to do once I have time to nurse my bank account back to health... :)

The Focus did in fact turn out to be a misprint.

You have the Merc, so that's step one on your quest to become an evil dictator complete.

I took the Merc up Mt Evans the other day. It's the highest paved road in North America, at 4340m/14,240ft above sea level. The car drove brilliantly, although once I got to the toll part, I had to keep the speed down. Narrow lane, sheer cliff drops off the side, and ridiculously sharp switchbacks. FUN!

4340m-14-240ft-above-sea-level-with-my-merc-1390.jpg

4340m-14-240ft-above-sea-level-with-my-merc-1391.jpg

4340m-14-240ft-above-sea-level-in-my-merc-1393.jpg

4340m-14-240ft-above-sea-level-with-my-merc-1392.jpg

I was driving, and thus didn't get any good photos of the road. This is the best googleimagesearched photo I could find:
mt_evans_highway.jpg

I also saw, what was at the time, the highest Toyota Prius in the world. *grrrrrr*

Last edited:
^ Holy shit that is awesome.

The Mt Washington auto road is scarier than that looks :blink:

Nice car, btw. Its not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate other interests besides my own. I vote headlights, debadge, and some nice wheels. The back seat will have at least 4 girls in it at any point in time.

And I thought Pikes Peak was the highest place you could go in a car.

Damn, you can't even get that high by a cable car in Europe. Also, surprisingly snowless, considering the altitude.

Damn, you can't even get that high by a cable car in Europe. Also, surprisingly snowless, considering the altitude.

summer yields absolutely no snow in America, unlike Europe. I remember going to Mt Blanc in July, and there being a blizzard after I took the trolly car up.

The Mt Washington auto road is scarier than that looks :blink:

Nice car, btw. Its not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate other interests besides my own. I vote headlights, debadge, and some nice wheels. The back seat will have at least 4 girls in it at any point in time.

The Mt Washington road looks quite similar. I actually couldn't find any good pictures of what the Mt Evans road's really amazing/scary parts look like, so it gets a lot better than what the above pics show.

I will definitely look in to new wheels, because I'll need to swap between snow tyres and summer tyres. Before the headlights though, I'd be more interested in replacing the front bumper cover with the sport model one. Something like this perhaps:
1002716.jpg

And I thought Pikes Peak was the highest place you could go in a car.

Yeah, Pikes Peak goes up to about the same altitude, but it isn't paved.

So you finally got a car? :p Congrats; :)

Taken about 300 miles and 15 degrees ago.
http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/9780/p1000101.jpg

Today I was on the way to a function and found this nice place to stop and shoot. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to do anything too fancy.

http://img130.imageshack.**/img130/2182/p1000751y.jpg

http://img697.imageshack.**/img697/192/p1000754.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.**/img29/5568/p1000760e.jpg

Anyway, I finally modded my car with some sandbags in the boot. :p

Shame on you with the sandbags.. I imagine one of those would be a lovely DORIFTOOO machine in the winter :)

Why would you need a sandbag? To stabilize the car in the snow?

Nice car, as always :p