• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Mercedes Benz B-Class

Overheat

Forum Addict
The B-Class is, as its name suggests, intended to sit in the M-B range between the A-Class and the entry-level C-Class models. Obviously. Less obviously, it is conceptually a smaller answer to the upcoming R-Class, an opulent 4x4-crossover station wagon which shares its underpinnings with the new M-Class. It's front-wheel drive only, and considerably more compact, but it shares a similar approach in its roof height and interior versatility. The show car on display at the Detroit Motor Show, called Vision B Compact Sports Tourer, is fitted with a new four-cylinder 140bhp diesel engine and a new CVT auto gearbox, but expect production cars to come with a similar engine line-up to the C-Class, starting with 1.8-litre units.

Mercedes hopes that this model will appeal to a whole new younger generation of customers, and sees it as a competitor to cars like the Subaru Impreza wagon and Saab 9-2X, Audi A3 Sportwagon and perhaps the upcoming Volkswagen Golf Plus. It also expects it to be bought as a second or third car in households which already have an S-Class or other larger Mercedes, as an economical runaround. Prices in the US are expected to start from around $25,000. Although Mercedes hasn't yet confirmed availability in Europe of this model, initially claiming that it has been designed specifically with US buyers in mind, it's likely that we will be offered a version at a later date.

Mercedes-B-class-001.jpg
Mercedes-B-class-002.jpg

Mercedes-B-class-003.jpg

Wow, that's bad. I don't like it at all! The headlight look like this :|
Like a heroine addict who's been up to long even for his own standards. And the back = Fiat Stilo Multiwagon whatever, the station thing.

Oh I see Mazda 3 too.

Its like the 1series- ugly and overpriced (cos of the badge)

Jostyrostelli said:
Wow, that's bad. I don't like it at all! The headlight look like this :|
Like a heroine addict who's been up to long even for his own standards. And the back = Fiat Stilo Multiwagon whatever, the station thing.

Oh I see Mazda 3 too.

That's exactly what I thought (well not the heroin thing, but still). And yet... Well... based on these pictures I kinda like it.

wtf is going to on with Mercedes... the cars are getting uglier. The tailights make the car look really cheap. Thats another reason why I prefer BMW than mercedes :mrgreen:

andyhui01 said:
wtf is going to on with Mercedes... the cars are getting uglier. The tailights make the car look really cheap. Thats another reason why I prefer BMW than mercedes :mrgreen:

There cars arnt getting uglier at all! only this B-class is really dissapointing. look at that beutiful CLS and what about the SLK. there very nice, not to mention the e-class and the new m-class. however the 2006 s-class is a bit (less grand lookin)

I kind-of like it actually. Much better than that horrid-looking BMW 1-Series. But I hardly doubt this will ever make its way here.

They're supposed to bring this in Canada, well that's what my local M_B dealership said, it might be BS too but whatever, when he told me that I had never heard of the B Class so..

I went to MB dealership in Toronto, to show my son the SLR, and while I was there, a sales person told me that they are bringing the B Class to Canada; it will be here end of this year. I also asked him if there will be a 4matic version of the B Class, and he told me that not initially. It is set to compete against the BMW 1series and Audi A3. Which one would you chose out of the three?