Mercedes Benz E Wagon All-Terrain 4x4? - fuck SUVs!

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
I hate the current SUV craze, but I love me some proper off-roader, or a great wagon. And apparently someone at MB has looked too much at the AMC Eagle and decided to make it newer and better! :D. So I present you, the Mercedes E-Class All-Terrain 4x4 Squared. It's the plastic-cladded E-Wagon but fitted portal axles like on the G 4x4?, except for they're custom built multilink portal axles. Why? Because!

As a fan of the silly AMC Eagle, I can't help myself but love this stupid fucker :D <3

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-1.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-5.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-7.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-10.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-6.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-2.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-3.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-4.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-8.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-class-4x4-squared-9.jpg

Last edited:
Exaclty! Maybe that's why I love it so much :p

-edit-

Here's a screencap of a german AutoBild video with it next to a "regular" E-Class All-Terrain.

e4x4.jpg

Last edited:
To quote what I said in the Awesome Thread. Portal fucking axles.

Your choice of one of the world's lowest-riding dog breeds for that picture is particularly ironic :lol:

Also, aren't portal axles a good deal less useful for cars that have independent suspension? On the one hand, having independent suspension already lets you tuck the differential up high, and on the other hand, you still have control arms that reduce ground clearance the closer you get to the hub.

I strangely like it. And I cannot explain why.

I don't. It's pointless when there's already SUV's that so the job much better.

I also kind of like it, it looks very Mad Max.

I'd totally do a Mad Max conversion on it too just because that would look badass.

A portal axled 4x4 wagon, you say? Circa 2003:
005.jpg

I approve of that too. I was unaware of it. I demand that they all build them. Volvo should repeat that on the latest V90 :D

My mom had that gen Volvo V70XC. It wasn't nearly as cool.

I'm not impressed when the promotional shot shows the suspension maxed out and spinning one wheel.

Seriously, all that work and not even a halfway decent traction control system or LSD?