Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series Coupe

Huayra

Car(s)
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
From WCF... Here you go.

After reporting the latest details yesterday, first photos of the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupe have surfaced.

Snapped during a test event at Circuit Paul Ricard in one of the garages, the exclusive AMG Coupe is not as hardcore as the previous generation CLK 63 AMG Black Series. Not only is it the first Black Series to have four seats, but it has been configured more towards everyday street use. Only 20 kg (44 lbs) have been shed from the vehicle's curb weight.

In line with yesterday's report, the Black Series Coupe with its 6.2-liter V8 produces 517 PS (380 kW / 510 bhp) which is 30 PS (22 kW / 30 bhp) more than the C63 AMG with the Performance Package. Shifting is performed by the seven-speed 'Speedshift' MCT automatic with a limited slip differential. Torque is rated at 640 Nm (472 lb-ft). Despite no official specs released, 0 to 100 km/h should take about 4 seconds.

Interestingly, the C63 AMG Black Series Coupe will not be limited in production and the price should come in around ?100,000 in Germany, much less than the BMW M3 GTS at ?137,000.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/1110706...ack-series-coupe-photos-surface#ixzz1RNsWHG7d

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
I have seen the "regular" C-Coupe AMG yesterday and it already looked & sounded brilliantly. I think this one here will be epic.

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
Well, they just say it has a back seat, they don't say that you can acces it :D Maybe it's there just for tax reasons or something, it's not that it weights a lot.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
NA V8 FTW.

Glad to see that they kept the more desirable engine option, instead of the guff V8 turbo.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
NA V8 FTW.

Glad to see that they kept the more desirable engine option, instead of the guff V8 turbo.

Not black enough, but it'll do.

Dino

aka Dins
Seriously. And how dare BMW calling themselves BMW when they make cars, not just engines. And not in Bavaria. (joke)

This looks really awesome. "You, outside, NOW!"

Bad Bowtie

I, for one, am not usually a red fan, but it's a nice change from every other Benz being in black/silver/white. Always love the nice growl of an AMG V8.

MrChips

Car(s)
2002 BMW 330Ci, 1973 BMW 2002tii (in pieces)
No manual transmission? I've just lost interest. MB's wet clutch auto is a poor substitute for a DCT, to say nothing of a proper three-pedal manual.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
No manual transmission? I've just lost interest. MB's wet clutch auto is a poor substitute for a DCT, to say nothing of a proper three-pedal manual.

This is also true. But, AMGs have never had manuals offered, IIRC, so I wasn't expecting it. It would be awesome, but I could listen to the sound of that V8 all day...

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom

I've never been a fan of the C63 coupe. I think the lines around the c-pillar just look awkward. But the body kit on this really makes them look nice. Do want this version!