Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series Coupe

Meh

house-do-want.jpg

This is terribly awkward looking. The coupe looks shocking next to the sedan.

NA V8 FTW.

Glad to see that they kept the more desirable engine option, instead of the guff V8 turbo.

The v8 turbo has 1.6x the power at 2000 rpm. It's so powerful everywhere, that it's much more powerful at 2000 rpm than a Golf GTI is at 6500 rpm. For an engine destined for big sedans, where engine response is a non factor (it's not a super car), then I'd much prefer the smaller turbo 8, it even uses less fuel.

Last edited:
The v8 turbo has 1.6x the power at 2000 rpm. It's so powerful everywhere, that it's much more powerful at 2000 rpm than a Golf GTI is at 6500 rpm. For an engine destined for big sedans, where engine response is a non factor (it's not a super car), then I'd much prefer the smaller turbo 8, it even uses less fuel.

Glorious N/A V8 sound > everyday usability.

And even though its not a super car, AMG's recent products have all been geared towards driving pleasure, rather than the old sledge hammer type car. So engine response is definitely not a "non-factor" that Mercedes should neglect.

A BMW M3 is still miles better.

Glorious N/A V8 sound > everyday usability.

And even though its not a super car, AMG's recent products have all been geared towards driving pleasure, rather than the old sledge hammer type car. So engine response is definitely not a "non-factor" that Mercedes should neglect.

A BMW M3 is still miles better.

Given how tiny the turbos are, I can't imagine this having a slow response.

Moar pics

Full Gallery Here

01-2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black-serieslive.jpg

04-2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black-serieslive.jpg

17-2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black-serieslive.jpg

20-2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black-serieslive.jpg

23-2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-black-serieslive.jpg

Last edited:
god what a sweet car

I wonder if they're going to release a regular C63 coupe as well...without the racing buckets and slightly more practical for roadgoing.