Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
One off custom tuning job by AI Design
http://img169.imageshack.**/img169/1595/1smallzf5.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/826/2smallre0.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.**/img169/8453/3smallqb2.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.**/img169/6434/4smallqv8.jpg

Ai Design has announced the completion and delivery of a striking looking, performance tuned 2006 Mercedes CLS 55 commissioned by DC Shoes Co-Founder, Ken Block.

The astonishing appearance of the sedan, finished in matte black from tip to tail, is accented by a vented hood and gleaming orange Brembo racing brake calipers at all four wheels. ?It was a pleasure to work with a client who had strong ideas about what he wanted,? commented Ai Design president Matthew Figliola. ?Mr. Block certainly appreciated our design sensibilities pertaining to this project, however he was clearly capable of making critical decisions along the way,? Figliola added.

Ai Design began by upgrading the heart of the CLS 55 using Brabus K8 engine tuning components yielding 575 horsepower. The CLS 55 breathes easily through Brabus twin?*tip sport exhaust mufflers that peek out from behind a tailor-made Brabus rear bumper diffuser. Handling has been dramatically enhanced utilizing a Brabus electronic suspension lowering module, combined with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires wrapped around Radenergie R10 20-inch wheels. Brembo 8-piston racing brake calipers mate to 15-inch rotors up front, while 4-piston calipers and 13.6-inch rotors have been fitted to the rear wheels.

The exterior appearance of Block?s CLS 55 is a departure from tradition within any segment of the custom car craze?a matte black finish has been applied to all body panels, and in contrast, the chrome trim has been finished in a glossy piano black, giving the sleek sedan an almost menacing appearance. Tail and side marker lamps have all been tinted, and a bronze-cast DC Shoes logo, hand-sculpted by a jeweler commissioned by Ai Design, has also been finished in piano black and affixed to the trunk alongside the factory emblem. The front bumper, carbon fiber grill, vented hood (used to keep the tweaked power-plant cool), side skirt panels, and trunk lid spoiler (all from Brabus) round out the list of exterior accoutrements.

In order to give Block better access to the gear selector in the manual shift mode, Ai Design fitted the CLS 55 with a Brabus sport steering wheel fitted with paddle shifters. Vehicle side and trunk ground illumination was added for the ultimate in luxury and convenience, and the DC Shoes logo was embroidered into each of the car?s four interior headrests. Ai Design?s famed V1 radar detection system with etched rearview mirror display and an iPod/MOST interface complete the package.

?I truly enjoyed working with Ai Design?their quality craftsmanship and attention to detail is far beyond the work done for me by other shops,? stated Mr. Block at the completion of the project.

About AI Design

A privately held design and fabrication company founded in 1992, AI Design is now recognized by clients, the automotive aftermarket industry, and both trade and consumer press around the world as uniquely accomplished and dedicated in the field of vehicle customization. AI Design?s unmatched standards for craftsmanship and innovative concepts are backed by a select team of professionals located within a gleaming state-of-the-art facility just north of Manhattan.
What a mean-mother of a car :evil: Even more horsepower and that sexy engine bay :mrgreen:

I like it. Very mean looking. Like it belongs in Mad Max or something

That's... hot. :eek:

Yeah, it is hot, but designed? Come on... Its just all black! And the front hood has just been stolen from a Brabus Rocket...

I think I am dead now after I looked at it, just, I cant seem to find my harp.

looks very cool with the cool effects, any pics of it on the road? might look totally different then. you gotta love the red engine cover showing from the hood

I love the Matt Black look. If I had the guts, I would paint my car matt black.

I live the way you can see the red engine through the vents!

This reminds me of a the best rating scale for beauty, usually applied to women (sorry ladies). Guys have long had unique ways of describing how good a woman looks, the most common is the basic 0-10 scale, but some get more colorful. My personal favorite is the Wattage Scale.

Example:
"What do you think of that girl?"
"40 watts."
"Huh?"
"She'd look good under a 40 watt bulb but not a 60 watt"

Why do I bring this up in this thread? Let's just say I wonder why they photographed the car in the dark.

the coolest part is that you can see the red engine from outside the hood, like the demons eyes are open

Oh yeah. That is one mean mother!

there are almost as many tuned CLS's as there are tuned Mustangs, and i for one am not very impressed. Making a once moderately attractive car ugly and black with a little more power and a ipod hook-up isn't all that groundbreaking.

Awesome. But I can't really imagine what kind of person would buy something like that.

Just remember this is a one-off custom job bartboy ;)
Awesome. But I can't really imagine what kind of person would buy something like that.
It's in the article - co-founder of DC Shoes, Ken Block:
http://img215.imageshack.**/img215/8564/team4301np4.jpg