Mercedes E-Class Coupe (photos+spy video)

Homer_Bart

Car(s)
2007 BMW 320i
Spy photographers have come even closer to the 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class coupe, to the extent that voices of its testers are quite audible on this video.

Pleasing to the eye is how little camouflage remains on the body, with a few strips of black tape covering its sharpest lines, almost as if to say "this is where the line goes, just follow the tape".

Expected to be unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show, the car is currently going through its normal deep winter testing paces. Still based on the C-Class platform, the E-Class coupe replaces the CLK. It will carry a number of engines associated with this type of vehicle, including a 3.5-litre V6, 5.4-litre V8 and an uprated 6.2-litre AMG V8.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29sV__0-Hls&eurl=http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081208.012/mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-video[/youtube]

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos_1.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos_2.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos_3.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos_4.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-photos_5.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in--2.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in--1.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-bla.jpg

*Update
Mercedes E Class Coupe Convertible

New video
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4IyP1VN1g&eurl=http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081210.007/mercedes-e-class-coupe-convertible-spy-video[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Well I guess this will look pretty much the same as the new E-Class. Which means it'll be ugly :(

Its only saving grace is the sportier front grill, but it'll take a lot more than a different grill to make it look anything close to pretty.

There is still hope with the AMG model though. They do wonders with their awesome bodykits...

Unless its a replacement for the CLK, whats the point of an E-Class coupe? It looks like its around the same size.

Edit: Nevermind. Just went up to actually read the quote. So its pretty much the next-gen CLK, with E-class looks and badges. <_<

Unless its a replacement for the CLK, whats the point of an E-Class coupe? It looks like its around the same size.
It is a replacement.

Mercedes is getting rid of the CLK badge, and they'll soon get rid of the CL badge for "S-Class Coupe". It makes sense because thats what they use to be called, back in the day.

It is a replacement.

Mercedes is getting rid of the CLK badge, and they'll soon get rid of the CL badge for "S-Class Coupe". It makes sense because thats what they use to be called, back in the day.

What about SL? Is that gonna be the S-Class Roadster?
Or CLS, SLK, GL (all their compound badges.)

What about SL? Is that gonna be the S-Class Roadster?
Or CLS, SLK, GL (all their compound badges.)
Nah I think they'll remain. They've made names for themselves and it might not be a good idea to change them.

Edit: Nevermind. Just went up to actually read the quote. So its pretty much the next-gen CLK, with E-class looks and badges. <_<
Yeh and for those who don't know - the CLK and also this new "E-class Coupe" have used, and will continue to get its underpinnings from the C-Class, despite its E-Class looks. Although, they'll be using more E-Class parts this time.

Not as bad as the sedan, but still unattractive. Looks like it's receiving the same awful headlight treatment & incohesive rear wheel-arch flare. But this does at least have a nice window line.

Rear lights remind me of a Lexus.

A CLS for poor people, I see. If anyone at all could buy it at the time :D

It will have the new E class front end so it's already ruined.

Updated with video of the coupe-cabriolet version :)

Is it just me or is this thing massive? It looks like it's as big as a CL!

*Update bump!

New shots!
2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--7.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--6.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--5.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--4.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--3.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--2.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy--1.jpg

2010-mercedes-e-class-coupe-spy-pho.jpg

This will be the very first CLK-sized car I actually do want :D

I don't like it very much, looks like a Hyundai, a Lexus, and a BMW.