Mercedes' future hybrid pickup. The Aztec looks fantastic.

Hmm, are cars with names related to the Aztec people doomed to be fugly?

8-2001-2005-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

^ i'd seriously love to know where their acid trip took them to come up with that, convince management it will be amazing and get it made. its so ugly its insane

^^ the MB concept (subject of this thread) is called the Reporter .. I have no idea why Aztec appears in the title.

^ i'd seriously love to know where their acid trip took them to come up with that, convince management it will be amazing and get it made. its so ugly its insane

You know, I honestly think that the A/C broke in the styling studio on a hot summer day and the clay melted. Look closely at it, it suddenly explains a lot of the styling cues.

^^ the MB concept (subject of this thread) is called the Reporter .. I have no idea why Aztec appears in the title.

It was a poorly-worded comparison I think. It should have said "Makes the Aztec look fantastic."

You know, I honestly think that the A/C broke in the styling studio on a hot summer day and the clay melted. Look closely at it, it suddenly explains a lot of the styling cues.

If I recall correctly, it was their first completely computer designed vehicle and for some reason the angles came out a lot more "pronounced" than they could imagine....I know I heard this somewhere on the interwebs....Wikipedia confirms but alas...has no citation. :/

With the revamp to the forums the thread titles are very limited when it comes to length.

"Lexus LF-Ch: Production Version of Five-Door Hatchback Rival to BMW 1-Series Scooped!" works...
"Mercedes' future hybrid pickup. The Aztec looks fantastic." still appears to have lots of room.

BTW guys...the car is technically Aztek, with a k.

:whistle:

And I thought they fired the guy

Mercedes-bionic-fish-concept.jpg