Mercedes GL official pic pops up

bihus

Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
3060000000049191.JPG

Autoblog reader Kevin A. was gracious enough to point us to a Google-translated Auto Motor und Sport page that?s showing off a pic of the new Mercedes GL extra-large SUV that will debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January. The rear shot is a flattering angle for the three-row GL, which doesn?t look as large as say the Expedition, Navigator or Denali against which it will compete. Its dimensions are quoted as being 16.6 feet (199 inches) long, 5.93 feet (71 inches) high, 6.29 feet (75 inches) wide with a 9.84-foot (118-inch) wheelbase. The article also mentions that the GL, which is based on the same platform as the new Mercedes M- and R-Class, will offer a choice between two V6 and two V8 engines as well as turbo-diesels ranging in power from 224 to 314 hp. That is, of course, if Google can be trusted to translate German.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000897063303/

this is the G-class replacement right? what a joke.

God, why?!

It's just lost all of its character.

What they should have done is keep it looking exactly the same but just renew the pre-historic interior it currently hosts.

Even if it does look sadly diffrent, just wait til AMG get their hands on it :mrgreen:

looks like the lexus GX430 to me.

To me it looks like a 7-seats ML. :thumbsdown:

Long live the G400 CDI. 8)

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
What they should have done is keep it looking exactly the same but just renew the pre-historic interior it currently hosts.

Even if it does look sadly diffrent, just wait til AMG get their hands on it :mrgreen:
AMG will look like fool trying to make this crap and MB's new minivan (R-class, yes its a minivan :eek: ) any good. the G55 was awesome, it could 0-60mph in 5.5seconds, and still handle some moderately tough offroad terrain, while looking amazing inside and out.

Instead of introducing another model, with almost no importance to its already enormous range of 15 Classes (A, B, C, CL, CLK, CLS, E, G, ML, R, S, SL, SLK, V, Vaneo), being 4 classes (A, B, V, Vaneo) of these 15 models are useless to Mercedes-Benz, the legendary German brand should be working, on how to improve the reliability in their own cars.

^ thing is that except for the Vaneo and B-class and probably the R-class, all the others sell exceptionally well.
And i'm loving the sig Lilleput :lol:

bartboy9891 said:
^ thing is that except for the Vaneo and B-class and probably the R-class, all the others sell exceptionally well.

Maybe in the US ... On this side of the Atlantic situation isn't that good for MB.

NOOOOO :oops: Mercedes messed it up again.
The original G was just so Basic that it is cool.

This is just another ML :cry: Why !!!!
The only thing remains is the Defender

Duell said:
NOOOOO :oops: Mercedes messed it up again.
The original G was just so Basic that it is cool.

This is just another ML :cry: Why !!!!
The only thing remains is the Defender
then have i got bad news for you! they are making the Defender more "user friendly" for the US market. so over here we will get some crap that doesnt have the capabilites of the overseas version.

andyhui01 said:
why did they screw up the Mercedes G wagon!!!!!.... I absolutely loved that car

It's not like they're going to stop making the old Gel?ndewagen.

swek said:
andyhui01 said:
why did they screw up the Mercedes G wagon!!!!!.... I absolutely loved that car

It's not like they're going to stop making the old Gel?ndewagen.
they are though...arent they?

Well that won't be seen off-road in a while. Look at the low ground clearance and huge overhangs (tiny departure angle).

You all know the current G-Class (W463) will still be available because the car we are discussing is the GL-Class (X164).Either way, if the G-Class goes out of production or gets replaced, I just wonder what the celebreties will buy instead of it :think:

The GL-Class is meant to be Mercs fullsize 4X4. The one which has 7 or 8 seats and famously "space for a dog" unlike the ML. The ML is just that popular on-road 4X4 like the X5 or XC90 Volvo.