Merging several Microsoft accounts together?

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
Whenever a new important web service crops up I like to register as quickly as possible to snatch a good username (firstname.lastname) before someone else gets it. Naturally, I registered with outlook.com as quickly as possible. Shortly after registering, I found out I should've done it a different way.

Apparently, you can create a new outlook.com based on your old live.com or hotmail.com account. All your data and settings and shit is carried over, and e-mail to your old account gets delivered to a subfolder of your new one. Sounds great. Too bad I already registered. :wall:

So, is there any way to merge Microsoft accounts after the fact? I don't want to close my account and re-register, because I'm about 98% sure I won't be able to register the address I want again. I've dug deep in google and haven't found squat except some vague hints that you would be able to accomplish this via the Xbox settings screen but I don't have an xbox. Nor do I have a Windows 8 PC, nor a Windows Phone.

Anyone know any other way? I actually have three accounts I'd like to merge into one. My old Messenger account running on a non-MS mail address, my live.com account and my new outlook.com account. I have a feeling I'd better get this stuff in order because I'll probably end up using Windows 8 in one place or another at some point.

Re: Merging several Microsoft accounts together?

i'll do some digging. I'm definitely sure you can link them together...not sure about merging. Maybe ping the outlook.com team on twitter?