Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet.

Last year's absolutely epic E3 trailer:

Coming to consoles September 1st and PC September 15th.

Despite not having played all of the games, I am a big fan of the series. I started at Sons of Liberty. Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater was easily one of my favorite video games ever. V is looking to be a lot more like 3 and less like IV in terms of environment and gameplay. Outside of Fallout 4, I don't think there is a game I'm looking forwards to as much as MGS-V.

I'm not sure of it's because of or in spite of Kojima's use of his non-native language, but the MG series has the coolest names and titles. Metal Gear Solid, Revolver Ocelot, Guns of the Patriots, The End, Shadow Moses, Sons of Liberty, Solid Snake, Diamond Dogs, Phantom Pain, etc etc. Of course there are some pretty bad ones too. Big Boss. The Boss.

Last edited:
You should definetly play Metal Gear Solid (PSX or GameCube) as it is the game that established most of the lore of the Solid series.

And had some pretty cool battles and moments ;)

Of course I'm really looking forward to MGS V as I'm a big fan of the saga and have played and finished every single game from the series (canon and non-canon)

hopefully more like 3, I found 4 to be pretty boring as a game (and a mess as a story)

One more day...

Got it last saturday :D

You can't imagine how awesome it is. Take all your expectations and hype and multiply them by 10.

PS: Whoever buys any of these Add-Ons should be banned for life from playing any Metal Gear game. You have to suck very bad at the game to need them.

The PC retail version of The Phantom Pain contains....a 9MB Steam installer.

CNqQhNjWIAEZXcj.jpg

Bought through GMG since it was on sale. First game I've bought since GTA V on 360. I finally opened up my copy of the MGS HD collection and have started playing Peacewalker to get the backstory. I played mostly through MGS3 years ago and enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to trying out MGSV.