Metal Meltdown: Metal Music Discussion

In somewhat related news : has anyone got Overkill's latest album yet? It's another total killer.

So I went to a couple concerts last weekend...

I only took pictures at the last night of the Maiden England tour, in my hometown, but my friend and I went to the Dallas show the night before. Some dude hooked us up with seats 8 rows back, but being in the pit on the last night was incomparable.

Best concert of my life.

WG2n5.jpg

eZjjQ.jpg

Album with a crap ton of pictures, some of which are crappy :p

I've also bought a shit ton of albums since I made this thread, I don't want this thread to die, so keep your album recommendation coming, post your concerts, band news, whatever here!

While we're at it : look up "Flight 666" and "En Vivo!", the 2 latest Maiden DVDs, both are awesome... first one is a documentary about their 2010 tour (where they did 23 shows around the world, covering 50.000 miles in just 45 days... how did they do this : rent your own 757 and put all the gear you can carry in there, and fly everywhere yourself (literally)

ed_force_one_bruce.jpg

Second one is just an awesome concert

This is bloody brilliant, Strapping Young Lad is one of my all time favorites.

How did I miss this thread? LOL. Anyway, I'm mostly a Thrash guy, but I listen to other stuff too.

I was digging for new bands to listen to and i found this:
A band from Bahrain!

Last edited:
I've been listening to this lately...

Awesome power trio, both guitarist and bassist divide growling vocals duties... drummer is a beast as well.

In somewhat related news : has anyone got Overkill's latest album yet? It's another total killer.

Listening to it on YouTube now, and will order it off Amazon soon. It is FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Some classics from Ukania...

And something more serious...
[video=youtube;xMx-Y0fwzYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMx-Y0fwzYY[/video]

Cute girl does heavy metal on France's got Talent

Awesomesauce or weaksauce? Discuss

prty gud actually. And I guess all the ...Got Talent shows have those super annoying "funny" people back stage who they cut to during performances, hate them so much, lol.

At the moment I'm pretty much liking power metuls more than anything. Something I found recently, Unleash The Archers, pretty kickass power metal with a lot of metalcore and melodic death influence. Fronted by a girl who sings neither operatic nor poppy (and not growling). Imagine that, metal vocals in a metal band! And she looks like part of the band and not a princess! More bands should try it! The video's also great.

good to see this thread still going strong

discovered Attic recently

have to share this music video because it's awesome in a strange way. And A Forest of Stars is awesome in an awesome way.