Ownership Verified: Miami Weiß - My 1989 Chevrolet Corvette C4

@Mitchi, you can't get any of these brands?
Capture.PNG

I'm assuming getting them from the US is not an option because not Euro approved? (Something I remember from readying Lucille for export.)

I've had both Nexen and Nankang tires, They weren't my first choice, but I didn't have any trouble with them.

That's right, the tires must have E-mark approval to be street legal in EU.

All tires sold around here seem to have US DOT-markings but I don't know if you can expect the E-mark on tires sold in the US.

Emarking.jpg

I'm assuming getting them from the US is not an option because not Euro approved? (Something I remember from readying Lucille for export.)

I've had both Nexen and Nankang tires, They weren't my first choice, but I didn't have any trouble with them.

I am actually completely unsure about that one. I thought no one would care, but as you mention Lucille... then again, the car sits on at least one tyre right now where I'm sure it wasn't for sale here.

I'm not really worried about Nexen or Nankang aswell. Nankang provides quite a lot of people at Touristenfahrten with their very good semi slicks and there are some teams in VLN at the Ring starting to use their race slicks with good results aswell. I think they can build a good road tyre.

@Mitchi, you can't get any of these brands?View attachment 3557734

That is correct. None of these tyres for sale here. It's only these three right here - minus the Michelin, as you can only get the stock left at some online shops:

59cm2cf.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh I love Corvettes (almost as much as Alfas!) and I like the C4 a lot. I'd love to own one someday, when I need no rear seats.

Congrats on the purchase an I wish you many happy miles together!

@CraigB it seems that I literally am the only US car driver over here who worries about E-approval for his tires, so US import might be possible...

Here's some upgrade ideas so they don't get lost in the Telegrams:
Edelbrock claim an easy 450 horsepower are possible this way...

1. Buy completely original, well-preserved, H-plate worthy car
  2. Modify the shit out of it
  3. ...
  4. Profit...?

I'm not really worried about Nexen or Nankang aswell. Nankang provides quite a lot of people at Touristenfahrten with their very good semi slicks and there are some teams in VLN at the Ring starting to use their race slicks with good results aswell. I think they can build a good road tyre.

Only Nankang has the same strategy as Hankook, which is having all tyres from crappy eco tyres to racing slicks under the same brand, instead of splitting them to different sub brands like most big manufacturers do. That said, I've had couple generations of NS-2s in various cars and they are very much adequate. Compared to mid range sportier tyres turn-in feel is a bit soft and there's a bit of lateral movement under heavier cars, but since I doubt you'll be regularly tracking the thing they work perfectly well, both wet and dry.

Also, while (older) classics are classics, I'm also of the group to whom C4 is the Corvette. Have fun with it. :)

1. Buy completely original, well-preserved, H-plate worthy car
  2. Modify the shit out of it
  3. ...
  4. Profit...?
As with Lucille, the beauty with bolt-on mods is that you can put the original parts in storage and re-install later if you want to be 100% numbers matching original.

You are all missing the most important thing: I can't wait for Radwood Germany.

Just to clear any possible confusions: by Radwood Germany you mean the 2020 Ringmeet, right? Because I can't find any info on Radwood coming to mainland Europe yet.

Here's some upgrade ideas so they don't get lost in the Telegrams:
Edelbrock claim an easy 450 horsepower are possible this way...

God damn it @Dr_Grip , I just bought this thing, it hasn't even had an oil change yet :D but I like the way you think. Very much. This is period correct tuning, right? :)

Only Nankang has the same strategy as Hankook, which is having all tyres from crappy eco tyres to racing slicks under the same brand, instead of splitting them to different sub brands like most big manufacturers do. That said, I've had couple generations of NS-2s in various cars and they are very much adequate. Compared to mid range sportier tyres turn-in feel is a bit soft and there's a bit of lateral movement under heavier cars, but since I doubt you'll be regularly tracking the thing they work perfectly well, both wet and dry.

Also, while (older) classics are classics, I'm also of the group to whom C4 is the Corvette. Have fun with it. :)

THANK YOU!

That was the review I was looking for!

Also, in terms of wet grip, while haven't really driven the car in the wet, I think in colder temperatures and/or wet times even the cheapest shit will be better than the tyres that are currently on the vehicle.

Beautiful example of a C4, and it's the same age as me!

Hope it gives you many happy miles.

Just to clear any possible confusions: by Radwood Germany you mean the 2020 Ringmeet, right? Because I can't find any info on Radwood coming to mainland Europe yet.
No, I didn't mean Ringmeet 2020, it was a joke, but I bet @Mitchi would love if a Radwood Germany ever happens.

No, I didn't mean Ringmeet 2020, it was a joke, but I bet @Mitchi would love if a Radwood Germany ever happens.

They've been thinking about it. UK is also on the list.

Radwood Europe would be the best thing to ever happen! I'd try to go there, no matter where in Europe it is.

Oh, OK. Because similarly to what @Mitchi said, I think if Radwood Europe were to happen, that'd be beyond awesome. There was Radwood UK, but that's kinda far away from me, however, if there were a Radwood event in, say, Munich, I wouldn't hesitate much.

Finally got around to commenting, this thing is great. It looks so much nicer in white than that manky blue that Wheeler Dealers had. I really approve of wild choices like this and look forward to seeing the upgrades you fit to it. :p