Micheal Jackson in hospital [Updated: Dead]

oh my the gray who is impersinating Micheal Jackson is dead.

Well damn...I'll never see him live now. Or dead, 'cause I'm not watching the funeral. Still, RIP.

As someone who's 22 and knows of this guy almost purely as some superficial black beige pervert who (may have) preyed on children, I am what you'd call clinically detached.

Same here. I don't see what the big deal is. Okay, it's kinda sad a person has died (if you can call him that), but I'm not going to miss him.

For someone my age or older, we remember Thriller, Off The Wall, and Bad. They were really, REALLY good albums. I think only The Beatles have been more listened to.

But, he was good in the 1980's. After that, it was just pitiful.

Just seen it mentioned on BBC News. Strange thing was i was actually playing World of Warcraft when the news broke and people were talking about it on there. I thought people were just making remarks and weren't being serious.
However, i can't really bring myself to care. Yes his music was great and he did some great songs. However he isn't going to be remembered for his music and he's only going to be remembered for what he did to his body and what he 'allegedly' did to children.
I won't remark about the man, however i will laugh at the obsessive fanboys out there who will be crying their eyes out. Its like watching the fans of a football team getting relegated.

^Weirdly, it's the first time I've ever got breaking news from Xbox Live.

R.I.P Jacko, say what you will about him his eighties tracks are just wonderful.

:cry:

I was gonna see him live in London next month. :cry:

* Puts on some MJ-music

It's alright remembering him for all the recent crap, and the fact he was slightly mad, but he really was fucking awesome..

slightly? I think that's an understatement....

I didn't know him. This doesn't affect my life at all.

:cry:

This is sad.

Elvis is the king of rock and roll, Etta James is the queen of jazz... but the only moniker I'd go along with is Michael Jackson as the king of pop.

His music was amazing... we know that for a fact. We don't know what, if anything, he did to underage kids... yeah, it's likely he did stuff he shouldn't have, but we can't know that for sure.

Yet, people are willing to accept him as a paedophile much more readily than they are willing to realize what a great musician he was.

ok, this may be in bad taste but i cant resist.

does anyone not see something bigger going on here? who better to introduce the king of pop to god and heavon that Ed McMan (however you spell that). think about it!:rolleyes:

Yes he made music that lots of people liked (me not included).
But all that is overshadowed by the fact that he molested children, and later paid off said children so they wouldnt tell their story in court.
I hope those children (now adults?) feel safer knowing their molester is gone.

A. He was a pedo.
B. I don't like that kind of music and am not able to judge quality as I have nothing to measure it against since, like I said, I don't like that kind of music.

edit: to shawn's post

RIP Michael.

And I think only time will tell, but he's far more likely to be remembered in generations to come for his music rather than his personal life. His contribution to global culture is undeniable, and if you think you weren't touched by him, you're just wrong. An indirect influence is still an influence, and there are few artists recording today who weren't influenced by the King of Pop.

I'll miss him, and I'm sad I never got to see him perform. :cry: