Middle East and North Africa Unrest

Now reports are coming in that the "rebels" are brutally killing black migrant workers from other parts of Africa and is defending this by calling them "mercenaries". How long will this brutal slaying of the civilians in Libya continue?

Which will be regarded as war crimes and investigated in due couse, I would like to think. The NTC will eventualy take control in Tripoli, which will include security and then such alleged events will cease, I expect.

The UN-resolution 1973 clearly states that "any means necessary to PROTECT civilians.

Correct, the NATO led mission has been doing exactly that since February and has nothing to do with the killings of black migrant workers possibly now going on.

All the bombhappy West have been doing is enforcing "democracy" by bombing the Libyan people back to the stone age.

Incorrect and a bit of a hackneyed, overused phrase, if I may say.

This has never been about democracy for the West, they have been pissed off that Khaddafi got sick of the West and started making oil deals with China, Russia and the Middle East. Add to that the mistrust of the dollar and there you go, the Rothschilds and other warmongerers rush to "help and protect" the Libyan population. But as always, the western leaders will never show up in any Hague trial because of their murdering of civilian populations. I mean when will Kissinger och Truman be prosecuted for their crimes against humanity?

An interesting analysis, maybe some truth, but mainly bollocks.

But things are looking bright:

UK will soon be nothing but a lost rock in the North Sea

It is several rocks actually.

and the U.S is clearly going down. Hopefully this will mean it is an end of countless wars to enforce their twisted interpretation of "democracy".

I will let the American Forum members on FG deal with you on that.

an assortment of rumours, assumptions and conspiracy stories

tinfoil-hat1.jpg

Last edited:
^
Exactly! :lol:

You could have also posted the "Sucessful Troll is .." picture as well, I know I shouldn't have bothered replying before, but I fancied taking the piss a little bit.

Of course I am the troll here. But since you war and bloodlovers here can?t seem to dissect my links or prove any points what so ever I will think of this political forum as more of a pat-on-the-back-we-all-think-equal-here kind of forum. Anyway, I will laugh my ass of the next time Al-Qaida attacks your countries based on what NATO is doing to Libya.

Of course I am the troll here. But since you war and bloodlovers here can?t seem to dissect my links or prove any points what so ever I will think of this political forum as more of a pat-on-the-back-we-all-think-equal-here kind of forum. Anyway, I will laugh my ass of the next time Al-Qaida attacks your countries based on what NATO is doing to Libya.

You were asked for sources and all you did was copy and paste a load of videos with no context, articles based around rumours and articles that read like they were written by conspiracy theorists. You even managed to include a link from The Daily Mail.

since you war and bloodlovers here
I will laugh my ass of the next time Al-Qaida attacks your countries based on what NATO is doing to Libya

seriouslyChan.png

Last edited:
Breaking News:

BBC News are reporting that both Reuter and CNN have a story that the Pan Am 103 Lockerbie convicted bomber al-Megrahi has been found and photographed in Tripoli, but is seriously ill and days from dying.

Today one member of the NTC is reported to have said that al-Megrahi will not be extradited. Have not heard any more on this story line.

BBC News - Gaddafi family 'flee to Algeria'

BBC News said:
The wife and three children of fugitive Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi are in Algeria, Algerian officials say.

A foreign ministry statement carried by Algeria's APS news agency said Col Gaddafi's wife Safia, daughter Ayesha and sons Muhammad and Hannibal left Libya early on Monday.

Libya's rebels said they considered Algeria's sheltering of Gaddafi family members an act of aggression and called for their extradition.

more via link

This is an interesting sign, looks like the start of the bailout to me.

Maybe Saif, Khamis & Big G are going to go out in a big shootout. More likely, they will let lots of their supporters get killed first, then bug out at the last moment and head for wherever.

Algeria are supposed to be offering free passage to a 'third' country

Algeria are supposed to be offering free passage to a 'third' country

Yeah, that sounds like the outcome, we are then back to "Guess The Country".

Don't really care either way if dies in a blaze of bullets in Sirte or just pisses off to somewhere. I just want him to be over for the people of Libya, so they can get on with their lives after Gaddafi.

And the NTC are a little pissy with the Algerians for facilitating the Gaddafi Family escape.

Now this report may be a load of bullshit and deliberate mis-information or it may be correct.

It's Sky News, so you make your own mind up.

Sky News - Gaddafi 'Fled Tripoli And Headed South'

Sky News said:
8:30pm UK, Tuesday August 30, 2011
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi was last seen heading south of Tripoli after holding meetings in the capital on Friday, the bodyguard of one of his sons tells Sky News.

The 17-year-old - part of Khamis Gaddafi's protection team - told Sky's chief correspondent Stuart Ramsay he saw the former dictator at his youngest son's compound at the end of last week.

Col Gaddafi arrived in a car and met Khamis and his daughter Aisha before heading in convoy towards Sabha, said the bodyguard Abdu Salam Ataher-Ali.

He also confirmed earlier reports by rebel commanders that Khamis had been killed in an air strike about 37 miles (60km) from Tripoli.

Well, Gaddafi's daughter Safia has gone into Algeria with his wife and two other sons, so there may be some elements of truth in it.

While watching the TV interview, the "bodygaurd" did not look like a typical bodygaurd. He looked like a skinny 17 year old kid.

Maybe in the wacky world of the Gaddafis, they have 17 year old kids as bodygaurds rather than dudes who look hard as nails and have years of experience in Special Forces.

I read ,this morning, in a newspaper that Algeria has a lot of interest in Libya.
You never know what "arrangements" exist between Khadafi and the algerian governement , it is maybe a return of favor.

You are correct, the BBC News reported today on the favours done by Big G and his money, to the Algerians over the years.
They also said the Algeria has signed, but not ratified the ICC agreement, so he is free to go there, if he wishes.

Nice to have an Airbus A340 as a private plane.

And from around Sirte today:
BBC News - Libya interim leaders give ultimatum to Gaddafi forces

Mainly for UK members:
BBC News - Fletcher murder suspect 'found dead'

A female London police officer was shot dead on a London street in 1984 from inside the Libyan embassy. This created a diplomatic incident and the 27 or so people in the building at the time were deported.

The guy most likely to have shot the cop was just found dead, the NTC said that it looked like he had been shot in some internal feud or a settling of some old score, within the Gaddafi regime.

A mystery.

More Gaddafi family wackyness, son Saadi is apparently trying to negotiate with the NTC, who are not so interested at present and whilst other son Saif is ranting about fighting to the death.

BBC News - Saif al-Islam Gaddafi vows resistance

BBC News said:
Fugitive Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's most prominent son has promised victory for Gaddafi loyalists faced with an ultimatum to surrender.

Saif al-Islam Gaddafi said he was speaking from Tripoli's outskirts, and that his father was fine.

"The resistance continues and victory is near," he said in an audio message.

Minutes earlier his brother, Saadi, said he had been authorised to negotiate with interim authorities to end the fighting in Libya.

Gaddafi loyalists have been issued an ultimatum to surrender before Saturday.

If the NTC forces are smart they will leave an exit route to the south for the "mercenaries" & loyalists and avoid a big messy street fight. Then chase them all the way up the roads to the southern borders.

No idea what will happen from Saturday onwards, probably more fleeing than fighting, with Big G & sons hopping on a Gulfstream to Zimbabwe or Venezuela with big bags of cash.

Double post due to ongoing developments & so forth:

BBC News - Col Gaddafi vows to fight a 'long war'

BBC News said:
Libya's fugitive ex-leader Col Muammar Gaddafi has warned he is ready to fight a "long war", in an audio message carried by a loyalist TV channel.

It was the second message in one day purporting to be from Col Gaddafi, whose whereabouts remain unknown.

more via link

Broadcast from Syria and aimed at his supporters rather than people in the real world, Gaddafi made a rambling, delusional, but thankfully short, rant today via an audio message on a TV channel. The message may rally some of his die hard supporters and upsettle some of the newly free people of Libya, but probably won't make any difference to the end game. It could even be an historic final broadcast from Big G, depending on how events turn out in the following days.

BBC News - Paris conference urges Libya reconciliation

BBC News said:
Western leaders have urged Libya's transitional authorities to engage in a reconciliation process with their enemies, after a summit in Paris.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who chaired the meeting, said anti-Gaddafi forces could achieve nothing without "reconciliation and forgiveness".

Mr Sarkozy said all 63 nations at the meeting were committed to returning frozen assets to the Libyan people.

more via link

Delegates from France, Canada, USA, China, Russia, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, the UK and other countries, met with with some purpose and much symbolism today in Paris. Lots of important plans & areas covered, but it was really an early political recognition of the elevated status of the NTC, following the recent takeover of Tripoli and the apparent collapse of the Gaddafi regime.

The main order of business for the "Friends of Libya Group" was unfreezing of Libyan assets, the supply of immediate aid and help in the restoration of basic services, such as water, food, electricity and gasoline supplies.

Broadcast from Syria and aimed at his supporters rather than people in the real world, Gaddafi made a rambling, delusional, but thankfully short, rant today via an audio message on a TV channel.
Right. Long war. He should work on even being able to reside in his own country first, then worry about waging war.

Like i have wrote earlier , the race for spoils has entered a new phase :

I found this in the english edition of Der Spiegel :
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,783995,00.html

Friends with Benefits

But the West's support is not entirely altruistic. Part of the reason for the rapidly increasing number of "friends of Libya" is the prospect of lucrative contracts in the oil-rich country. Ahead of Thursday's meeting, the French daily Lib?ration reported on what it claimed was a secret agreement between France and the rebels. According to the newspaper, the National Transitional Council sent a letter to the emir of Qatar, who is apparently serving as a middleman between Paris and the rebels, in the spring promising France 35 percent of Libya's oil production in return for "its total and permanent support" of the Transitional Council as the legitimate representative of Libya.

If true, the supposed deal, which the French government and the National Transitional Council promptly denied, would reveal France's lofty humanitarian motives to be nothing more than base petropolitics. But there is other evidence of Paris pursuing oil-related diplomacy. Earlier this summer, French businessmen traveled to Libya to make sure that the contracts concluded under Gadhafi would also be recognized by the rebels. French companies will meet government officials in a closed-door session in Paris next week to discuss possible business opportunities in post-Gadhafi Libya.

The other patrons of the new Libya are biding their time, however. A British delegation, for example, will only travel to the country when the conflict is finally over. Reacting to criticism from London's business community that the country was proceeding too slowly compared with their French and Italian rivals, British Foreign Secretary William Hague assured reporters on Thursday that Britain "won't be left behind."

Reacting to criticism from London's business community that the country was proceeding too slowly compared with their French and Italian rivals, British Foreign Secretary William Hague assured reporters on Thursday that Britain "won't be left behind."

Read as "we already had all the hardware there anyway, so everyone else has no chance!"

BBC News - Libya: 'Mass killing' sites in Tripoli

BBC News said:
Evidence emerging from Libya suggests that several mass killings were carried out as rebel forces swept into the capital Tripoli earlier this month.

BBC correspondents have visited sites where large numbers of bodies have been found, and medical workers and rights group are gathering evidence which could be used in future war crimes trials.

Here are some of the main discoveries around the city so far.

more via link

This is horrible, but not really unexpected given the track record of the Gaddafi regime. Yesterday, there was a story line that 40,000 people are still unaccounted for in Libya somewhere. The BBC report above, covers around 300 people killed, there could be many more, sadly.

Like i have wrote earlier , the race for spoils has entered a new phase :

I found this in the english edition of Der Spiegel :
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,783995,00.html

Read as "we already had all the hardware there anyway, so everyone else has no chance!"

The practical side of politics, since we live in the real world.

Nonetheless, there was some altruism and humanitarian reasons for the military intervention, it just was not 100% of the motivation.

BBC News - EU steps up Syria sanctions with ban on oil imports

BBC News said:
The EU has stepped up sanctions on Syria by banning imports of its oil, as protests again broke out against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad.

Oil accounts for about 25% of Syria's income and EU member states take about 95% of its oil exports.

Dutch Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal said the sanctions would "go straight to the heart of the regime".

more via link

This should have been done months ago, it is quite shameful to think that we have been paying money to that murdering prick all this time. The reality is that Syria can easily sell the oil to someone else, just as the EU can buy the stuff elsewhere, but it is a statement of disapproval which is way late.

:mad: