Middle East and North Africa Unrest

Same old song and dance.

So now bombing Syria. May work until the next radical group that's worse than Al Qaeda ISIS comes along.

Failed strategy. History repeating itself etc etc

Well, of course you can always put a lid over it and wait until they all fought it out. But what will you gain by that?

If you ask me, interference is still better than doing nothing. Sure, it could also put "us" (= the Western World) on the list of targets but at least there is some influence. As long as the mistakes of the past aren't repeated, I'm ok with that - though I admit I don't have high hopes. What did Einstein say again? "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

So now bombing Syria. May work until the next radical group that's worse than Al Qaeda ISIS comes along.

Failed strategy. History repeating itself etc etc
Yea, we are once again policing the world. Where is the UN throughout all this? At least we have not sent in ground troops (yet).

Israel shoots down Syrian fighter jet which 'infiltrated' Israeli airspace

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/23/israel-says-shot-down-syrian-jet

And Syria seems a tad unhappy about it.
No mention of which side of the border the ejected pilots landed on. I'd love to know what they were doing on the wrong side of the border.

Maybe they should have awarded it to someone who actually did something. All Obama did was get elected president of the US.

Maybe they should have awarded it to someone who actually did something. All Obama did was get elected president of the US.

The award was already made a joke after it was given to Henry Kissinger. Although Kissinger did do something, but extending the Vietnam War for political gain probably wouldn't be to the award's spirit.

Last edited:
Both of those.

Yea, we are once again policing the world. Where is the UN throughout all this? At least we have not sent in ground troops (yet).
Well, this time you're doing it for the right reasons. I hope more step up and join in, we need alot of bombs to wipe Isis of the map. Now someone will say you can't bomb people off the map. Yes you can. You just need sufficiently large bombs. Anyone supporting Isis deserves a cruise missile to the face.

Well, this time you're doing it for the right reasons. I hope more step up and join in, we need alot of bombs to wipe Isis of the map. Now someone will say you can't bomb people off the map. Yes you can. You just need sufficiently large bombs. Anyone supporting Isis deserves a cruise missile to the face.

Larger bombs. Kill more innocent people. More people join ISIS....rinse and repeat until the next threat. Actually, we apparently already did a side-bombing mission against another group that has been called "worse than ISIS"...the Khorasan group.

They will be forced to join ISIS anyways if ISIS took over the region. While air strike alone won't win the war, it'll at least deter ISIS's advance.

More religious nut jobs - they are everywhere, and are not only Muslims either.

The West killed off all the secular powers and movements leaving only the religious fanatics.