Midnight color theme for the forum

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Thanks to Adrian and Perc for slapping me into completing it-- we now have a completed dark theme for late night users, or those with a preference for dark color schemes.

You can try it out by using the drop-down at the bottom left of the page, and selecting "FinalGear vB4 - Midnight", or clicking here.
There are a few remaining CSS glitches for me to address, such as the user-profiles page, live-updates/ispy, thread icons, and bits of text here and there, but it should be usable.

That's really good, thanks. :cool:

(Didn't do a full test, just a quick view.)

If I could hug you, I would. Thanks Quiky.

This is actually fairly usefull. Thank you for this!

using it as we speak, me likey :)

Issues I found so far are minor graphical things, like smileys having white edges, most of them at least, but nothing important.

Interesting, it puts the place in a whole new light dark.

On tablets or phones, would it have an impact on power useage? I know on CC or CFL-lit LCDs, it would likely use more... :dunno:

While I like dark-motifs, I didn't like how all of the smileys and many GIFs had white jagged edges, so I switched back.

Switched to it, instantly liked it.

Thanks, Quiky.

On tablets or phones, would it have an impact on power useage? I know on CC or CFL-lit LCDs, it would likely use more... :dunno:

Only if your screen is AMOLED. It wouldn't matter on an iPhone for example -- the backlight is on either way.

tres le sexah :D

Awesome

its unfortunate that the smileys don't seem to sit well on black background but that's just minor nuisance.

its unfortunate that the smileys don't seem to sit well on black background but that's just minor nuisance.

Yeah and there's nothing we can do about it I think because it's a result of aliasing on the GIF. The GIFs are transparent but in order to avoid jaggies, it fades out slightly.

Yeah and there's nothing we can do about it I think because it's a result of aliasing on the GIF. The GIFs are transparent but in order to avoid jaggies, it fades out slightly.

Let's replace the smilies then..

Trouble is, GIF doesn't support alpha levels between zero and one to fade-to-transparent rather than fade-to-some-bright-colour :( It's either a solid colour or fully transparent.

Testing it now. Liking it so far. Thanks!