Mille Miglia 2011

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
I spent a Saturday in Modena, Northen-Italy and enjoyed watching Mille Miglia. The collection of cars was incredible. Imagine a museum full of priceless cars driving by!

Anyway, heres the first part:

The front lights mean it's not standard F40, and "Team Italia" suggests it might be F40 GTE racing car run by team with the same name during the 90s.

I'm not expert on 50-60s Ferraris, but this one is probably 250SWB?

288GTO

512BB. Probably the first one I've ever seen.

"Normal" F40

599GTO followed by F40. There was probably close to ten 599GTOs and lots of Scuderias as well.

Some old Bugatti

550 Barchetta Pininfarina. The plate ends with "EVO" and I remember reading Harry Metcalfe from evo magazine has a Barchetta, could this be his car?

1-Series M Coupe was actually really nice looking. Not a classic though....yet?

More old Bugattis

Well, this NB wasn't excatly taking part in Mille Miglia, but I find the stripes suprisingly cool... if you're French.

Old BMW, probably 328?

Not the prettiest of old Maseratis, but still cool

Another BMW 328?

Blower Bentley. These are seriously cool.

That's the part 1, couple more pictures can be found here, I'll post process part 2 tomorrow and also upload some pictures from car show in city centre.

you're gonna make us wait till tomorrow?

Haha, yeah I took about 600 pictures of the event, so choosing from them and post processing takes some time

Thanks! We heard Rowan Atkinson was attending, but didn't know in which car. Thanks for explaining! :)

That sounds really intresting documentary, I've try to find it. I guess I could find the driver's name from the starting grid, I've to investigate a bit. :)

Edit: Apparently it was driven by Belgian team: Dumolin (B) - Woitrin (B)

Last edited: