Minecraft

What happened to my pagoda? I went in yesterday and it was only roofs, no supports!

thunder and lightining!!!!!!!!!

or

there's a spy in our midst (with a flint and steel)!

Being able to warp around really takes away some of the difficulty of mining and exploring, and I think, makes the game less fun. Thoughts?

I don't think you can put the Genie back in the bottle. People have built up infrastructure on the basis that they can more around easily. On a new map yeah no problem.

I don't think you can put the Genie back in the bottle. People have built up infrastructure on the basis that they can more around easily. On a new map yeah no problem.

so your basicly saying a fresh new map is the key!
we should atleast have the current map backed up just for the cool things.
It would be sad to loose them all.

Nah, this map is far too developed to lose IMO. And it expands infinitely so it's not like we need more space!

Shut up, I know it's not actually infinite

And that I haven't logged on in forever

I'm wondering if we should start another town somewhere to get some more building going, designate bigger plots of land, have more space between houses, make it more suburban than Finalgearistan is.

I'm wondering if we should start another town somewhere to get some more building going, designate bigger plots of land, have more space between houses, make it more suburban than Finalgearistan is.

Good idea,

I was thinking of starting a little Port Town somewhere, made mostly out of wood with some stine ect.

We can have as many worlds as we want, and I think I can configure warping and most other settings on a per-world basis, but getting some things working (like the browser-based mapping) will be more of a challenge. I need to do it anyway for the Nether world, so that shouldn't stop us. I don't really think we necessarily have a problem because people are used to warping though. I could make it cost diamonds or something at first, and remember that nether makes movement 8x faster, so we can make high-speed rail lines that cross into the nether.

cool, multiple worlds sound awsome.
Does the warping cost effect the admins too?

I just wonder what would happen to those diamonds. Or maybe use wormhole X-treme.

It sounds awesome, but it's not. Multiple worlds will lead to people spreading out. Instead of 30 people in one world where everything is vibrant, there'll be worlds with only 1-2 people and some with 20. The multiplayer aspect is taken out and people will just usually stick to a chosen world that they spent the most time in or built their latest project.

It's not as if our world is starting to fill out and become limited in space.

Even though I don't play Minecraft, I follow along with you guys and the FinalGear world. I too think multiple worlds would be a bad idea. You might as well be playing on different servers.

The world is bonkers huge and people can just go off to a new area if they want to "start over".

If warping is disabled, then people will adapt -- build stairs, tracks, etc. or just abandon old pieces of land/mines.

I'd be up for a new world without warping, with nether.

Last edited:
Why does the bay have to be so far? There's a port right next to finalgearistan

So not everything is close to each other, and for the south west glitch which means there's more good stuff in them chunks.

Was going to post it as well. :thumbsup: for Notch!
Thu or Fri then, really looking forward to the maps.