Minecraft

I went in last night at midnight. And the house is now surrounded by creepers. Around 5. 2 at the 'waterfall', one in the cave in front of the waterfall, 1 on top of the entrance, and one to the right. Scary.

I'm having issues as well.

server seems to be offline, or just broken, or run out of allocated memory.
eighter way i'm trying to contact the server's owner to restart the server etc

edit. ps. allocated more memoryto the files, all i now have to do is wake up the dude who runs the server :p

Last edited:
I like your house. I was going to make you some nice wooden stairs.

Actually that was just a placeholder if you're talking about the one attop the mountain. My main house is visible from that outpost. That one isn't missing any stairs.

server seems to be offline, or just broken, or run out of allocated memory.
eighter way i'm trying to contact the server's owner to restart the server etc

edit. ps. allocated more memoryto the files, all i now have to do is wake up the dude who runs the server :p

The server likes to eat memory and stop working for no reason. Usually fixed by rebooting, and it never seems to lose data...

*joins the sea of raised hands*

I got this a while ago and it's one of the ultimate time-suckers.
First thing I built was a very high tower to protect myself from monsters and shoot them with arrows. It wasn't pretty cos it was made of dirt. Then I built a port and a ship. I must have screenshots somewhere.
One faithful day I did a small experiment with a lava bucket and my whole pier and ship went to ashes. =[
Have been trying to start a new world since but I haven't found one I liked...

Advice: Never experiment with lava/fire while on a boat. And don't start a new world, join the server or just walk around in your SSP. It's infinitely randomly generated, anyway.

With the server down I've gone back to my world, and the cave system underneath my base is mind boggling. I can't find an end to it. I'm not even digging or mining at this point, just exploring. Getting hopelessly lost is a very real possibility.

Advice: Never experiment with lava/fire while on a boat. And don't start a new world, join the server or just walk around in your SSP. It's infinitely randomly generated, anyway.

It's not infinite it's just extremely huge. That doesn't mean your spawn point will follow you around :p These buildings were close to my spawn location and it'd be too much of a hassle to walk back to another suitable place every time I died. So starting a new world seemed easier

It's not infinite it's just extremely huge. That doesn't mean your spawn point will follow you around :p These buildings were close to my spawn location and it'd be too much of a hassle to walk back to another suitable place every time I died. So starting a new world seemed easier

That's what the netherworld is for :p

Though it doesn't work in multiplayer yet.

With the server down I've gone back to my world, and the cave system underneath my base is mind boggling. I can't find an end to it. I'm not even digging or mining at this point, just exploring. Getting hopelessly lost is a very real possibility.

So I got hopelessly lost. And died. Three times. Can I set up a server to use this map? and what kind of hardware is really needed to allow for just a few people to play on it?

You can use hacks to move the spawn point, but yeah, you're right. I have buildings all over the bloody place. But 8x the surface area of Earth is assumed to be infinite for our purposes. I found a super huge cave too. Got lost, then started to dig (anti-dig?) my way up. Turns out I was only 5 blocks from the surface and almost right under my house on the cliffs. So it's very disorientating. You go down, but also up and so your sense of depth is competely mangled.

Yeah when I get lost I just start digging up and placing blocks under my feet as I jump. Kind of a nightmare if you didn't bring enough picks though.
I went to my world and took some screenies...
Kids don't place any lava close to wood. It wasn't even on wood, like 2 spaces apart in a little "temple" I had made... still burnt everything.

2dwgljc.jpg

zje8i1.jpg

And the tower of dirt.... I'm sure we all built one when we didn't know what we were doing :p

w70c43.jpg

hahaha burning ship. I can just imagine the builders going for lunch break and then coming back to see the ship burning. "WTF?"

So I got hopelessly lost. And died. Three times. Can I set up a server to use this map? and what kind of hardware is really needed to allow for just a few people to play on it?

Not sure if you can import your map into the server (probably can just copy the files over) but I've been running a server for 3-4 people with mostly success on my desktop. 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo E7300, 4 GB RAM.

Since the server's down I went back to my offline map and continued with my current project: a Minecraft Empire State Building. I'm not sure if it well ever be finished (considering the material needs of such a project and the difficulty of getting up to such heights, and if the world can even go that high). This is what I've gotten after two days (something like 25% of the final height):

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/p5/p5138/2011/02/03/2011-02-03_23.31.59.png

I'm only doing the one face right now to get an idea of material requirements for the other sides. I've even stopped using stone temporarily just so that I can get a structure in place and then replace the blocks later. Anyone else try a big project?