Minecraft

I've got a sweet mining spot not too far from my base, but since you can't take printscreens in game I'll have to get Fraps or sth.
My base is in the middle of a lake with bridges to my mine, farm and another location which I'll use for something different :D

I've actually got a small server running more or less constantly, we have 4-5 people who bounce in and out. It got better since multiplayer survival was implemented but people are running into some bugs with map rendering (don't notice any problems as host).

I toy with it but my current position is to watch it improve, I bought it during alpha so I'll get all updates :D

Anyone else suck at combat for some reason since beta? I have to resort to the bow now, especially for creepers. We just built a creeper trap - wood dug into the ground that we can set fire to and try to lead a creeper over, but it's untested.

It seems like enemy and animal density are very high as well...

Oh, and creepers are not harmed by the sun.

Last edited:
^I also found it suprisingly difficult to defeat enemies. But I live in my mine now for most of the time and I don't encounter a lot of foes there.
Next thing for me is find some more ores and eventually build a railway system to my tower.

Once you get the hang of finding the right time to hit and run back again, combat can be pretty easy. By now I manage to kill creepers, zombies and spiders without taking damage most of the time. Mind you, that's in a straight up fight, not when they attack in large groups (spiders) or come out of nowhere.

Goddamn update that made spiders able to climb walls, now I'm forever terrified after I once came back from my mine into my house, and found three spiders happily slurping on the upper floors of my house. I tried to spider-proofed it by adding a ledge to the walls and balconies, but I'm afraid that those fuckers might still find a way in. Old pic. The ledge is now two blocks wide, because I somehow still had a spider jumping around on it at one point.

Last edited:
Once you get the hang of finding the right time to hit and run back again, combat can be pretty easy. By now I manage to kill creepers, zombies and spiders without taking damage most of the time. Mind you, that's in a straight up fight, not when they attack in large groups (spiders) or come out of nowhere.

Goddamn update that made spiders able to climb walls, now I'm forever terrified after I once came back from my mine into my house, and found three spiders happily slurping on the upper floors of my house. I tried to spider-proofed it by adding a ledge to the walls and balconies, but I'm afraid that those fuckers might still find a way in. Old pic. The ledge is now two blocks wide, because I somehow still had a spider jumping around on it at one point.

But this creates a shadow for enemies to hide in during the daylight :O

The game is definitely more buggy than it used to be.... went on an epic underground excursion with 4 people, culminating in flooding a dungeon with lava because we all suck at combat :D

But when we returned, large chunks of the home base (an island) and the surrounding water were missing. Just big squares of nothingness....

This was fixed by logging out and logging back in, but still...

Yeah, it sometimes happens that chunks aren't loaded properly, but they haven't disappeared. The game really just failed to load them up properly, as you said, reconnecting usually fixes it.

I just got Minecraft. Just survived my first night and am trying to build my first house. :D

Protip: however tempting it is for aesthetics, building a house out of wood can be very dangerous if you tend to walk around with flint and steel..... not even letting out the rooftop swimming pool with save you.

If you don't mind I'll hold off on releasing information, it's a very private server right now so I'll want to run it by the other members.

EDIT: Not to mention I doubt my bottom tier cable service and wi-fi can handle too many players at once.

EDIT 2: PM me if you want in, just don't be a dick.

Last edited:
Are there more efficient ways to mine other than pick at it with an axe one block at a time?

i dunno about robotic miners (use child labour, you bought the game to them, to mine).

But i can has music!

Does anyone remember this game? i do and i didn't even own it!

How about this?

I've played the free version a few times, and I keep wanting to buy the full game, but I keep procrastinating.

There so many cool thing on youtube. Like the songs, and the super structures, and the computers, etc.

I really need to get into it.

So what exactly is the objective of the game? You seem to wind up on the randomly generated island and then... what? Are you supposed to get out?

^Which is why I love it so much :)
Also proofs that you don't need great graphics to make a great game.