Minecraft

I'm loving the amount of stuff that is going on now, have a lot of great development going! :D

I think there has always been stuff going on but its been scattered across the map, now with it concentrated into a couple of areas the changes are a lot more visible. :)

But shouldn't we build the Capital around the hotel?

I thought that, but that area is already pretty full of stuff and I figured it'd be nice to start fresh in a new area of the map.
Its also cool when you are out exploring and you find a load of user created stuff you haven't seen before. So it'll give new users something to discover! :)

We're continuing laying out the streets and plots, this is what makes Final Gear awesome.

Something Lwsbrck and me made in the Capitol area...

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2011/03/08/javaw_2011-03-08_06-33-06-25_copy.jpg​

The sign was supposed to say "FINALWOOD", but it was awkward to keep in proportion.

got our own hollywood sign in Finalgearistan :p

http://img849.imageshack.**/img849/2377/finalgear.jpg

At some point we need to stick a 'village limits' fence around it for when peaceful gets switched off.

It's a bit too late now, but I find it pretty uneven the way the lots are distributed. I built "The Sheep Punchers" bar and the "Finalgearistan Library" in plots smaller than some of the houses. Either the commercial plots should have just been way bigger or the houses smaller. And it's pretty sad how the "Finalgear Airport" will look like. Anyway, I also built (WIP) a pagoda to the south next to the short. You can see it from the roof tops from Finalgearistan :D

Yeah, i'd assumed we'd have like tree lined avenues, but I kinda like the small village feel.

It's a bit too late now, but I find it pretty uneven the way the lots are distributed. I built "The Sheep Punchers" bar and the "Finalgearistan Library" in plots smaller than some of the houses. Either the commercial plots should have just been way bigger or the houses smaller. And it's pretty sad how the "Finalgear Airport" will look like. Anyway, I also built (WIP) a pagoda to the south next to the short. You can see it from the roof tops from Finalgearistan :D

Well newer lots can be built with more space. I didn't think it would expand quite as quickly as it did and couldn't keep up with the desiging! I only managed to plan out 5 houses, the church and store! :lol:
There is of course also the option of having a couple of towns dotted around the map, oldwest for example is another town and there is quite a bit of space near the hideout hotel too.

Do what they do in actual old towns.. just keep building outwards.

Could do with a tram line really.

Last edited:
This looks like a great server. I've just bought the game as I have been bugged by many in the past month or so to get it and have finally given in. Loving the Finalgear sign you guys made by the way. ;)

:welcome: to the new members we've had on the server tonight.

I've decided to experiment with a prototype squid catcher, so far it hasn't caught anything but there's still hope. I also had a nose around the town, it's looking great. :)

Since i decided not to get left out on all the fun, decided to buy minecraft after TheScottishSpotter bought it. Mainly so he wouldn't nag me to buy it at a later date. Hoping to join you guys soon if i can find out how to talk to one of the admins...

Why don't we have one of these? :lol:

Can't be too terribly hard I'd think if you get the sheet music. Just a matter of laying it out.