Minecraft

I want to get back into this but with school and work and Borderlands I don't know how I can afford to play another time-destroyer.

Last edited:
I want to get back into this but with school and work and Borderlands I don't know how I can afford to play another time-destroyer.

don't sleep :p

On a funny note:

on Loose_Units server the tekkit mod quarry found a little treat:
some dianonds in a nice group of 13 + 13 + 4 + 2 + 1 so it was 5 layers vein).

it was the most epic vein that i had seen :eek:

Just hopped on Loose_Unit's server and I didn't see much of anything in the way of buildings. There was a huge crater in the direction of the "main facility", did a reactor go boom?

I just had a look too, it certainly wasn't like that a few days ago. I don't believe we had a reactor, that main area was an empty shell and we relied on solar power.

Those explosions look more like nuke blasts too, maybe someone got on the server and used the infinite supply of red matter to make some explosives. L_U will have to check the server logs for anyone we don't know, I didn't know whitelisting wasn't being implemented.

Since I got a computer that can run Minecraft, and have a little time, I'm thinking it's time to revisit our attempts to come up with a sustainable server setup. Whether it should be Vanilla, Bukkit with just basic protections, or Tekkit, I don't really know. I'm open to suggestions.

I see no reason why FG shoudn't host a server, as long as it doesn't require constant server admin attention. I'm sure we have enough responsible people to moderate the world.

Since I got a computer that can run Minecraft, and have a little time, I'm thinking it's time to revisit our attempts to come up with a sustainable server setup. Whether it should be Vanilla, Bukkit with just basic protections, or Tekkit, I don't really know. I'm open to suggestions.

I see no reason why FG shoudn't host a server, as long as it doesn't require constant server admin attention. I'm sure we have enough responsible people to moderate the world.

Everything since the original server has been a disaster, we start something and then the decision is made to scrap it and start again. I just don't have the interest in building on a server that will be reset. Again. We will need people here to help moderate it, as good as you and L_U are you aren't very active members so it's difficult to get any support. I vote for keeping this current world, whatever server it ends up on.

The griefing was by nuke by the way, I found some unexploded ones.

Nuking was done by the server admin himself :lol:
I have seen all that tekkit has, and it is sloooow to update...

So i now suggest we go back into vanilla (since its 1.4.2?), and if we want tekkit we just use loose_units one :p

I shall make a poll but that sounds good to me.

Nuking was done by the server admin himself :lol:
I have seen all that tekkit has, and it is sloooow to update...

So i now suggest we go back into vanilla (since its 1.4.2?), and if we want tekkit we just use loose_units one :p

He did it himself? Genius...

I'm less bothered about which version we go to, just that we're losing another bloody world. I'm not putting any time in if it's going to be deleted again, and I'm certainly not going on a server where the admin thinks it's OK to nuke other people's work. :mad:

Personally, I haven't played Minecraft in a long time. And a few weeks ago I wanted to get back into it, but just looking at the amount of mods/various stuff to download, I just thought 'screw it'. Maybe it's better to zip it up and package it into one download instead? (If it's possible?)

Personally, I haven't played Minecraft in a long time. And a few weeks ago I wanted to get back into it, but just looking at the amount of mods/various stuff to download, I just thought 'screw it'. Maybe it's better to zip it up and package it into one download instead? (If it's possible?)

You should've asked, the current server was just Tekkit, so you only needed to download and run the Tekkit launcher. :)

After many month spent watching tons of Yogscast Tekkit videos (100-200 of them), I bought Minecraft. I'll probably get bored of it soon since games with no goals, i.e. sandbox games, tend to make me lose interest but it'll be a little fun meanwhile. :)

Damnit I updated to 1.4.6 and cannot log into the server :(

Downgrade: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar Overwrite the existing one in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\

Apparently there's a new modpack from the Technic folks?

Edit: OK, that video is completely useless. Looking for a decent one.

Last edited:
Is it actually supported by the mod makers? Otherwise I'm sticking to Feed The Beast.