Mini Balkan Meet II - Oh Crap He's Coming Back!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Ice and LooseUnit have been planning for some time to invade Ukania in October to visit CitizenCon (along with TobiasG) and we were already planning to take some extra time to make another of our little films then the other day nicjasno sent me a message on the Book of Face.

He and a gang of fellow BMW enthusiasts will be undertaking an epic drive down the Croatian coast then across the mountains to the airbase at Zeljava on the Sat/Sun October 17/18.

Since Ice will be driving back that way anyway I did some Man Maths, checked how much holiday I have left at work and how much a flight back would cost and it looks like I will be visiting the Balkans for the second time this year.

Some other details have yet to be finalised but the drive alone will be worth the price of admission (free as far as I know) and it would be great if any fellow FinalGearians wanted to join us - I'm thinking 47 on the bike weather permitting, thomas if he can be persuaded to unbolt his wallet long enough to fill the M5 and bring it down for a proper road trip...

Anyone else up for it, Bimmer-fahrer oder nicht?

We'd love to invade your crib on the Saturday evening and hang out on the Sunday and do some more good roads if you're up for it.

Even better stay somewhere in Plitvice and spend the Sunday around there. Could you and Mrs 47 get a sitter for one night and join us for two days? You two probably deserve some fun time away together to let your hair down a bit.

Or sleep over sat/sun then go to sljeme on sunday or some other bits of nice autumn leaf roads around there.

Or sleep over sat/sun then go to sljeme on sunday or some other bits of nice autumn leaf roads around there.

Well, i don't really have space for 10 BMW enthusiasts :D

We'll see if Maja and I (or even I alone) can make it down or if we'll just have to be satisfied with your visit and some local driving.
If you make it here, we can go to the road I mentioned, nicjasno, have a nice drive and take some photos, weather permitting that is.

Out of interest do you know how many cars are likely to be taking part in the convoy?

Flight home from Zagreb booked for the Monday. :D

Just to throw it in here too after telling it two people:

Unlikely. Since the accident with the M5 most likely moved up the "sink money into rust removal" timeline by a a few month if not years. But I'd be stupid to skip on cheaper bodywork where its needed while having it in the shop for bodywork paid by someone else. So dumping 500+ Euro into fuel alone for a weekend? Unlikely to be doable.

Shame as we know you would really enjoy those roads, especially in the company of a swarm of other Beemers, but I see your point. Better to take the chance to get it in good order while you have it rather than fork out even more in the future.

OK, so, I probably won't be able to participate the roadtrip, but stuffing the 4 of you somewhere shouldn't be a problem.
Can't promise the level of catering as last time though, we'll most likely just go out and grab some food in town, or order a pizza, no matter.
Well, at least cake shouldn't be a problem. :D

If we do the drive and photoshoot, I'd give a shout out to Marko, he might be interested, and also Igor.

Somewhere to sleep would be fantastic. And I wouldn't worry too much about food. Since we are starting at stupid o'clock on the Saturday by the time we get to yours we will be pretty much dead on our feet anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
So you did the whole loop through Croatia and Slovenia on that map in 2 days? Not much time to enjoy the scenery...