Mini cooper

aw no interior pics. i was hoping i could see this cheap plastic, because i've never been in a mini. yes i am deprived.

Here you go. :) The plastics feel like they would be more appropriate on a child's $1 toy than in a $20,000 car. When I drove that Mini I was afraid to touch a lot of stuff because it seemed like it would break just from me looking at it.

Here you go. :) The plastics feel like they would be more appropriate on a child's $1 toy than in a $20,000 car. When I drove that Mini I was afraid to touch a lot of stuff because it seemed like it would break just from me looking at it.

you?re complaining about the old one? you should check out the Mk2.... :?

I love my mini, it?s done over 110K km on the road and about 3K on the track, and apart from a broken gearbox at around 70K it?s never let me down... I also like the interior much better than on any comparable car I?ve driven, but I really don?t know what they were thinking with the new one...

The interior is different to that one

I've had a ride in the old new Mini Cooper S. Somehow I liked the kitch retroness of the interior, pretty funky. I would never buy one, too expensive for what it is, way too expensive, but it was cool. And the little supercharger made a nice noise:)

thanks for supplying the interior pic Kajun and thanks for replying Hidden_Hunter :). someday i WILL waltz into a dealership and just sit in a mini. someday :p

DSC00316.jpg

finally got around to uploading it, picture quality is shit as I said but someone can probably tell what model it is exactly based off this picture.

all I can see is that it?s an automatic <_<
and that someone stole the steering wheel :mrgreen:

oh and it also had a serious design flaw in the RHD model, your arm obscures the clock :p

where you have your left arm holding the steering wheel it lines up exactly on where the clock is, so you have to move your arm to see the clock.

Thats indeed a stupid design. As it is written in the manual: "Notice that the clock is visible on left turns only. Please do not turn left without a left bend available. Mini is not responsible for accidents caused by drivers looking at the clock on straights. Asking the passenger is a wise alternative."

do you guys get different models than the US? I test drove a Cooper S and didn't find any of the issues you're talking about.

Seconded. My neighbor and friend has a Cooper (not the S) and I sat in them in the show room. The first thing I noticed was the high quality interior - especially the actual switches with the guards around them. You don't see actual switches in cars anymore, it's all cheap membrane-contact buttons.

Bummer you don't like it, but I sure enjoy being in the Mini.

Seconded. My neighbor and friend has a Cooper (not the S) and I sat in them in the show room. The first thing I noticed was the high quality interior - especially the actual switches with the guards around them. You don't see actual switches in cars anymore, it's all cheap membrane-contact buttons.

Bummer you don't like it, but I sure enjoy being in the Mini.

Thirded. I sat in several Minis, S's and non S's. I even drove one for about 25 minutes in a test drive and loved it. The interior quality, I thought, was great and the only complaint that I had was the rear seats were basically non existent. The power was great for a car that size and the handling was remarkable.

Would I buy one? Yes, but not a new one. They're just too expensive brand new, a second hand one with low miles is perfect.

^^^^acckkkkk WRONG only buy MINIs new not used. They barely depreciate at all so you have to buy then new.

I paid 24,500 USD OTD(out the door all taxes and registration plus lojack) for my 2004 MINI Cooper S out the door. I sold it two years and 30,000 miles later for about 20,500 USD.

I paid 24,500 USD OTD(out the door all taxes and registration plus lojack) for my 2004 MINI Cooper S out the door. I sold it two years and 30,000 miles later for about 20,500 USD.

Sounds like my friend with her xB. He had an 04 or 05, bought it for $15,500 and drove it for two years racking up 27,000 miles. He then traded it in on a new Civic and got $13,500 for it at the Honda dealership. Pretty awesome.

And I know, it's probably best to buy a MINI new jsut cause you can really personalise it and get the one YOU want. But knowing me, I'd probably rack up another $10k in accessories if I bought it new :lol:.

ahh, i see a bit better now about the interior. still probably better than my car though, i'll have to check it out in the metal.

^^^^acckkkkk WRONG only buy MINIs new not used. They barely depreciate at all so you have to buy then new.

nono you buy a used one, because the 2007 model is boring and, as we?ve established, the interior sucks...

I also got the distinct impression that the symbols on the buttons would rub off over time