No more spy shots and concepts, here it is-

25777132411.jpg

2577711837.jpg

25777127331.jpg

2577713756.jpg

2577712721.jpg

More here

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/226682/

The third pictures words says it all...I dont think the spotlight will be playing much on this car.

another example.....ridiculous, pointless, stupid

I seriously wonder how did that hideous back design got out of the factory. :think:

There still doesn't seem to be much legroom in the back though it looks significantly larger than the standard Cooper.

The front looks fine because, well, it's the same as the normal Mini. The back, however, looks utterly hideous!

I've been reading a few UK car mags recently and the way I understood was, that even the RHD versions come with the suicide door on the right side. That is totally stupid and pointless, the UK i such a big market (and it is made their) for the car that I think the should make a proper version for it.

Does it have teaspoons and sugar? Or at least a satnav that only goes to Poland? :blink:

The first picture is awesome, the rest -- not so much. It should have had a tailgate rather than doors.

It looks bloody terrible, its silly with the one sided RX8 doors and the back makes it like van and not car. Its also very ugly at the back with the stupid rear lights.

I'll stick with my original comments - it looks too long, the regular's proportions are spot on, that grey trim on the back looks like an afterthought / a bit they forget to paint, and it's blessed with the same front as the normal MkII New Mini, which isn't as nice as the Mk1 New Mini.

they tried too hard for the rear of the car
-two "fridge" door for the boot?
-two windscreen whippers at the back?

on the other side , the exhaust-pipes are not as original as on the cooper S

in the end not very cool, I would take a cooper S over that anytime.

I'm sorry, but that's prety awful.

If it had a normal tailgate and suicide doors on both sides, it wouldn't be so bad.

That is totally stupid and pointless, the UK i such a big market (and it is made their) for the car that I think the should make a proper version for it.

forget it, the biggest market for the MINI turned out to be the US... that?s why the MK2 new MINI looks the way it does... and most of the people in the american mini forums seem to like it quite a lot...

Wot the same bunch that did for the cool Maserati breake light cluster?

I suppose you go with your principal market's wish, makes sense but I am sad about it.