Mini Roadtrip 2020 - Staying Local

Actually I would be interested in partaking... if my vacation wouldn't start on August 6th and not before...

That's be awesome. No way to change the vacation planning to start on the 3rd?

That's be awesome. No way to change the vacation planning to start on the 3rd?

Sadly not... also, I just made an appointment for the next inspection, including TÜV, for the 4th.

Since I still have a bunch of vacation days left over and no plan how to use them, might as well join you guys.
I've asked a friend who's in the same boat if he wants to join, so maybe +1.

@shad_68 good good. We've already booked nearly all accommodations already though, so you'll need to see what's what. :)

@shad_68 good good. We've already booked nearly all accommodations already though, so you'll need to see what's what. :)
If you could send me a list of where you booked I'll check if they still have room or if there are other places nearby.

If you could send me a list of where you booked I'll check if they still have room or if there are other places nearby.
I've added you to the Telegram group, where you will find the link to the sheeeeeeet. :)

So who was in the final group? I'm looking forward to photos. Did you all meet up already? If so Noon seems about right as a start time for a FinalGear roadtrip. :p

So who was in the final group? I'm looking forward to photos. Did you all meet up already? If so Noon seems about right as a start time for a FinalGear roadtrip. :p
@narf @DanRoM @shad_68 @Adrian @leviathan and myself, I hope I got all the usernames right. Currently, it‘s neck and neck on the final miles to the starting point between @leviathan, @Adrian and @shad_68. But @Adrian is currently “stuck behind two tractors and a horse”, so he might be out of it.

Edit(h): @DanRoM was in it, too, but his location sharing was not. He, @shad_68 and I arrived at the starting point at the same time.

Last edited:
They need to cool down when spanked, remember who the driver is. :LOL:

Right. I'm no longer tired because the alcohol from the two beers earlier on is already out of my system. So... photos!

After the aforementioned photo finish at the PS.Speicher, we went inside to stand around and look at cars. There were:

DSC_5002.jpeg

replicas of very old cars

DSC_5012.jpeg

huge old cars

DSC_5018.jpeg

tiny old cars with funny steering

DSC_5020.jpeg

weird old cars with ridiculous names

DSC_5022.jpeg

old cars running on wood gas

DSC_5039.jpeg

and slightly less old... car-like things

Also, we did not mention the war,
DSC_5021.jpeg

but somebody had to!

They had lots of motorbikes as well.

DSC_5008.jpeg

This one had an air-cooled rotary engine inside the front wheel. That means it doesn't get cooled unless the wheel is turning.

DSC_5010.jpeg

So the manufacturer advised to drive in circles if you were held up by something, such as a railroad crossing. An ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place. :james:

DSC_5025.jpeg

Despite appearances, this one wasn't powered by a jet engine.

DSC_5024.jpeg

But it did have a funny name.

DSC_5028.jpeg

which only got better once I looked at the placard

Finally, we decided it was time to leave the past and get back to the present. Luckily, they had a car for that, too.

IMG_0431.jpeg

DSC_5044.jpeg