Mini Roadtrip 2021 - Blacking out the Forest

Hotel room is booked, this is now official. :mrgreen:

V10 sound off between Adrian and you, fuck yeah!

Edit: crap, this is the road trip thread, not the Ringmeet one :(

Status update on this one: we've chosen a base camp, and have actually booked something! Things are happening.

To everyone who's participating, but uncertain about their hotel booking status, please check in the sheet and the Telegram group. We've gotten a small discount by booking directly in the Krähenbad hotel, and there are triple and quad rooms available that we should take, if we are to at least mostly stay together. This needs to be organized somewhat soon, before the rooms are gone or the hotel retracts their offer :)

More status update: we've booked more rooms at Krähenbad, it's now officially our base camp. And I've started mapping out routes, based on the 2015 mini-trip and some POIs around the general area that we've gathered.

As a preview, here's what I suggest Tuesday will look like:

1626008014463.png

319km through the finest southern Schwarzwald roads - not too much, leaving enough time in the day to enjoy some breaks. Those include: the source of the Danube rover at Furtwangen, the Linachtalsperre, and most importantly the Schauinsland mountain with its observation tower as well as a restaurant directly below it for dinner, where we might meet up with @thomas and Kelly.

To all participants: the map is linked in the sheet. Feel free to add POIs and propose edits to the routes (or just make them), we're always open to suggestions (y)

It's happening! Short report:

People are streaming into germany from all directions. Ninjacoco took an early lead by cheating with an airplane but then stumbled over a rental car roadblock. This helped others to catch up and by now all bets are off again on who is going to crash first into the Roadtrip base tomorrow evening.

RIP coco's money, forever on hold with Enterprise for €?????? over a trapped key no one could figure out.

^ $185'000 car under the ass, but no cash. Tsk. ?

In seriousness, I can help you out financially until you have that sorted. I'm sure others will help too.

Is the Peugeot leaking petrol yet?

Taycan Cross Turismo is cool but Unimog museum still beats it.

Taycan a trip to the Museum, nice.