Mining Techniques

Mining Techniques

• Total voters

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Minecraft is great for mining, duh, so what's everyone's favorite way of mining?
I personally like branch mining, it has it's drawbacks but otherwise it's pretty good.

I do the two-high, separated by two branch mining, unless I'm looking for lots of cobblestone, in which case stripmining is appropriate.

So far from the branch mining I've done I've come across so many mines as well where I've started to spelunk and get lost.

Branch mining will inevitably lead to spelunking. I seem to find a lot of ores in the caverns, not while actually mining.

time and time again i find myself stripmining an area :p

If I'm gathering a particular resource like stone or sand I'll attempt to stripmine, but I have a short attention span on Minecraft and will be distracted by shiny objects.

If I'm gathering a particular resource like stone or sand I'll attempt to stripmine, but I have a short attention span on Minecraft and will be distracted by shiny objects.

so you are luclin from mcwb? or just like him :D

Normally I do spelunking, but now that I am admin on my own server, I tend to spawn mining (where I use the console to just give me crap)

I'm not sure, I can't really tell from the description. A branch mine in Minecraft is digging evenly spaced tunnels off of a main hallway.

I tend to wander around in massive cave systems and generally get very lost no matter what sort of guidance system I employ, lol. Lately I've taken to making signs with "THIS WAY, YOU MORON" written on them... :lol: The good thing is, by then, I usually have enough iron and redstone to make a compass so I can tunnel my way back to spawn. Derp.