Actual lyrics

"How my poor heart aches..."

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

What I heard:

"Annie are you walking, are you walking, Annie?"

Actual lyrics

"Annie Are You Ok, Are You Ok, Annie?"

I also heard are you walking!

And just like everyone else it took me years to understand that Bryan Adams sang about his guitar in Summer of 69

Always heard
Cause I'm back on the track
And I'm leadin' the pack
On AC/DC's 'Back in Black' as

Cause I'm back on the track
And not givin' a fuck!
and thus I used to always wonder how it slipped through on daytime radio. Until a few years ago when I found out it was 'leading the pack,' something completely different. Still awesome, of course.

Britney Spears - "3"

Actual (in chorus): "Got one eighty degrees"

Misheard: "Got my media degree"

Not sure how I thought of that one :S

Put giraffes in the air!
Put giraffes up in the air!
Move around like you don't care!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32oU8YSFR8E[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Not really misheard lyrics, literal video versions

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHAcNbHKF0[/YOUTUBE]

It's the new and imrpved 2010 edition! Yay!

Always heard

On AC/DC's 'Back in Black' as

and thus I used to always wonder how it slipped through on daytime radio. Until a few years ago when I found out it was 'leading the pack,' something completely different. Still awesome, of course.

Same here, I prefer my own version. Its more bad-ass! :lol:

That song that goes "Its too late to apologize.. Its tooooo late."

When I first heard it I thought he said "Its too late to drink and drive..."

Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"

Actual Lyrics:
"Hold me closer tiny dancer"
Heard Lyrics:
"Hold me closer Tony Danza".

If you can listen to that song without thinking Tony Danza, then you are a better man/woman than I.

Remembered this from the Test Drive Unlimited 2 thread (Or somewhere related to TDU2 :p)

Actual : We are going to Ibiza
Heard : We are going to eat pizza
:lol:

^^ You're not the only one who misstakes the spanish island for pizza. I've never done it myself but I can see how. Here's a MEGA collection that will make you hear wrong on all songs ever made.

^ LOL
I was laughing out loud during the whole video! :lol: "Who ya gonna call....Those bastards!" :rofl: never heard it that way! Hot Dogs, again :lol:

please bring this topic back!
Go on then, I will. Since it's over 10 years I will get my shovel, hi-vis and hard hat and get digging.

I had a Kasabian hour this morning while working through some software deployments, while listening to West Ryder Silver Bullet I was reminded of this.

Actual:
And this stolen car
Is loaded with junk

Heard:
And this stolen car
Is loaded with jam

Could also be 'this stolen cow'

Link to song

Oh and I've been listening to the Need for Speed: Underground 2 soundtrack again and Riders on the Storm with Snoop Dogg is full of these. Too many to go through.

Most of the links are broken now, so I can't tell if this one was posted before, but it's an old/goodie:

I was never able to make out the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter. Even with them in front of me, I still stuggle to hear them corrently. Part of it may be that they are completely nonsensical to me.

[YOUTUBE]M-VHrFNMINs[/YOUTUBE]

I assume this was this one:

Ha, I think I had a reverse kind of mondegreen today? And One's "Panzermensch" came on today, and I couldn't quite place where I'd heard it ages and ages ago. Yes, it's a song that's been around a while, but was it in something? Used somewhere famous?

Then the "kriega niega new" and "gay-colored house" parts came on. I know of this song because of its misheard lyrics. It's Flash-era internet famous for English-ish subtitles. Gah, that went around in college and now I feel ultra-old.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.40.13 PM.png

Anyway, Fluff is aroused? News to me. I guess she is a bunny, though.

Last edited:
Not sure if this counts as misheard since there's a Youtube video of Chris Norman at a gig singing the wrong thing and grinning, but:

"24 years just waiting for a chance
To tell her how I feel, and maybe get a second glance"

Turns to:

"24 years just waiting for a chance
To tell her how I feel, and maybe get into her pants"

Lately Depeche Mode has been showing up a lot on my Apple Music random playlists. One of the songs that ends up on the repertoire is Strangelove, and I was quite convinced the lyrics go:

"Strangelove
Strange highs and strange lows
Strangelove
That's not a doctor"

Where they should be:

"Strangelove
Strange highs and strange lows
Strangelove
That's how my love goes"