Missing files and favorites

Shawnw

Car(s)
07 Accent Hatch
I was online yesterday and the computer froze up. I restarted the computer and when everything opened I only had the internet explorer icon and couldnt find any of my pictures, movies, ect.

So I restored the system and all the shortcuts and everything at the main screen is back to normal but I still can't find my pictures and videos. If I go to recently changed items, files still show up and the couple of videos will still play if I select them, but if I right click and open containing folder they're nowhere to be found. All of my favorites have also disappeared from explorer, but if I go to craigslist and try and create a new bookmark, it says the file is already there, the same thing happens with other sites that were already bookmarked.

Help would be much appreciated, Im not too good with computer issues so I have no idea where to start.

Which OS do you have?
If it's Windows 7, how did you manage your files? Via Libraries (which only merge multiple folders scattered over your hard drive and don't alter the directory structure of them) or in the subfolders under your username?

There's a bunch of Malware that simultes an hard drive error by setting all the drive's content to "hidden".

Have you tried toggling "display all files" in the explorer options?

Was the pictures/videos included in the restore?

edit. did you restore the videos and pic too, or jsut system files?

Last edited:
I got all the pictures and videos back, they were hidden by a virus. My favorites are showing as well, I just need to figure out how to get them back onto explorer.