Mitsubishi Concept S

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Looks like the Lancer is getting a 5 door hatchback variant as well, dubbed Lancer Sportback (Ralliart):

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/25/2008genevasketch01.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/25/2008genevasketch02.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/25/2008genevasketch03.jpg

Length is reported the same as the saloon. That's all i'm allowed to say due to the embargo.

To many doors if you ask me, but I quite like the proportions. Looks somewhat like a Delta Integrale.

99% sure there'll be a 3 door too. Every other hatch in the world worth mentioning comes in both flavours.

Did they have to copy the Impreza's ugly rear lights?

focus%20st%203%20door.jpg

But i'll give you the Mazda.

i deleted that one once i realized my mistake. but you can also give me the Scooby also. no word or confirmation from Subaru that they will make a 2dr.

1) 3 door (the hatch is also considered a door, since you can get into the passenger area through it, albeit a tad ungracefully)

2) and i said "worth mentioning" :p

This looks kinda, nice... Maybe an S3 killer?

Hardly, I bet it will be priced too close to S3 to be an exact killer. Rival maybe but on that it'll fall bit short as it cannot match S3s quality.

ED: And it does have resembelence to Astra VXR. Overall it looks better to my eyes than the sedan one and look far more better than STi.

That's something that remains to be seen. The new lancer is very very close to audi quality. I've test driven one and since dad has an A6, i can compare build quality. :p But it is brand new and dad's is a year old already, we'll see how it fights time wear and tear.

That's something that remains to be seen. The new lancer is very very close to audi quality. I've test driven one and since dad has an A6, i can compare build quality. :p But it is brand new and dad's is a year old already, we'll see how it fights time wear and tear.

It depends how one defines 'quality'. I'm not saying the Lancer is badly built or engineered. Well take it this way, I drove yesterday the new Audi S5 for half an hour. The gauges, controls, dash, my god it was fabulous. Every knob and instrument oozed quality and prestigiusness. And the S3 isn't far from S5.

I've also sitted in the new Lancer and it doesn't look that nice. It's looks basic and japanese, I can't name anything specific but it is just a car where new S5 - and S3 - is something where you want to spend your traffic jams in. And enjoy them.

I think it looks pretty good, but am I the only one who is really disliking this move to the hatchback market from the STi and Evo (I know this model isn't an evo but it shows the way they're thinking). I reckon by the next generation they will have scrapped the sedan versions altogether which really is an end of an era

well the STi went to hatchback so that the new WRC car can be a hatch and there for better able to compete... i don't know what mitusbishi's excuse is but i sure hope it is the same as Subaru in that they are going rallying again

Is that this car?

0510_frankfurt_039+2007_mitsubishi_sportback_concept+front_side_view.jpg

well the STi went to hatchback so that the new WRC car can be a hatch and there for better able to compete... i don't know what mitusbishi's excuse is but i sure hope it is the same as Subaru in that they are going rallying again
evoXgrn02.jpg

evoXgrn01.jpg

1-9.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

02_l.jpg

;)

Is that this car?

0510_frankfurt_039+2007_mitsubishi_sportback_concept+front_side_view.jpg

That is the concept, and the car has now been fully developed behind closed doors in hush-hush mode and will be unveiled next month.

I have just one question - Why?
Why is this car necessary? I love the looks of the new Lancer but what's the point of having a hatchback as well.
And I also think it resembles the Astra VXR a lot and the Focus.

I would take a Focus ST over this any day.

And you will be left eating its dust. There will be a Ralliart version just like the normal Lancer, which means the Evo's AWD + a bit detuned engine at only 236 BHP.

But i'd take the normal Ralliart over this in a blink of an eye.

Mitsubishi-Lancer_Ralliart_2009_photo_01.jpg

The front is a bit of a mix between the normal Lancer and the Evo, it has a bit smaller spoiler (originally planned for the GTS, but scrapped) and the interior will look like the EVO MR's, with the 6 speed flappy paddle gearbox, sports steering wheel and Recaro buckets.