• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

MITSUBISHI EVO VIII

dathrilla

HEY PPL.. i just finished watching the episoed where jeremie tests the evo and he said it has 400bhp and can 0-60 in under 3.5 secs...i then went on the website and i didnt find anything referring to these quotes....wus sum1 help me plz...many thanks in advance

That's a special EVO, namely the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR FQ-400. To celebrate Mitsubishi's 30 year anniversary in Brittain several tuners (including Ralliart, Owen Developments, Rampage and Flow Race Engines) were brought together to produce a 400hp EVO VIII of which only a 100 are made. However, the officialy imported EVO VIII has 260hp. From grey import tuners it can be had as FQ-300, FQ-330, FQ-340 etc.

so the fastest evo u can get from mitsubishi itself would be the 260 and u can get the modded evos only from britain,right?

I think the other ones are just tuning kits from Mitsubishi themselves. You can get them anywhere...

dathrilla said:
so the fastest evo u can get from mitsubishi itself would be the 260 and u can get the modded evos only from britain,right?
As far as i know, the 260hp VIII is the one officially distributed by Mitsubishi throughout Europe and the US. The 400 seems to be a project by Mitsubishi of Brittain (it does have a small 36.000mile / 3 year warranty though).

Nope, us lucky brits get them factory built in all the BHP sizes,

Check it out here.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/range.asp

For not much cash when you consider what your getting.
The FQ-340 gets a 3 year unlimted mileage warrent which an't bad, the FQ400 is a whole differenet story though :)

lol - I have no idea why someone would want to do that - ah well, guess I'm just not mechanical enough :)

Currently Listening To: Somewhere Only We Know - Keane - Hopes And Fears (2004)

andyhui01 said:
I would just get the normal 280 one and modify it on my own :D

i would to, if it wasn't an EVO...

it's fun to be working on a cars mechanical parts, but it's a pain in the ass to work on a cars electronics, and the EVO has a shitload of them