Mitsubishi EVO X FQ400 Confirmed!

There is an FQ340 SST model in the works as we speak. Reliability and durability testing has been going on for the SST tranny for some time.
Sure but we are talking about getting a "normal" Evo and bringing it up to 400.

Sure but we are talking about getting a "normal" Evo and bringing it up to 400.

The FQ400 will be manual only. It's just that you mentioned the SST so I thought I'd share. :)

55L tanks still are standard I believe. I get 450-600kms (280-373 miles) to a tank in my EVO depending on how I drive it and if it's highway driving. The best milage I got was 8.3L/100 (UK 34MPG - US 28MPG)

The FQ400 will be manual only. It's just that you mentioned the SST so I thought I'd share. :)

55L tanks still are standard I believe. I get 450-600kms (280-373 miles) to a tank in my EVO depending on how I drive it and if it's highway driving. The best milage I got was 8.3L/100 (UK 34MPG - US 28MPG)

Manual is the way to go anyway. I want one :(

yeah the evo's strong point isn't really fuel consumption, i've got a mate with a JDM import 8 MR and he finds that it gets just as bad fuel consumption (and worse is some situations) as his SS when flogged.

yeah the evo's strong point isn't really fuel consumption, i've got a mate with a JDM import 8 MR and he finds that it gets just as bad fuel consumption (and worse is some situations) as his SS when flogged.

Yeah, when flogged. Difference is an SS cannot be driven economically unless it's on the highway @ 120km/h, trust me I used to have a 2002 Monaro. EVOs can get reasonable fuel consumption (11L/100 around town) when driven normally and not boosted everywhere. But you're right - You don't buy a bloody EVO or SS for their fuel economy!