Disciple

Car(s)
EVO 8 MR
Giddy up! :jawdrop:

http://jalopnik.com/5064055/mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-fq400-on-the-way

custom_1224098399477_Lancer-Evo-X-MR.jpg

Last edited:
does FQ still mean what I think it does :lol:

not looking forward to this car, actually. 400 hp is awesome but waiting 3,5 years for the turbos to spool up isn't

:rolleyes: The previous FQ400 made max torque @ 5,000rpm I think which is far too high, and frankly rediculous when you can upgrade an EVO 8 with a 20G turbo and make the same power and torque, but the torque will be maxed @ 3,500 - 4,000rpm.

I think you'll find the new one will come on a lot faster, and have a lot more than 500Nm like the previous FQ400, because the EVO X FQ360 already makes 500Nm @ 3,500rpm with the stock turbo!

If the 360's fuel consumption is bad enough, whats the 400 going to be like?

Turbo lag is to give V8s a chance. :p

Fuel consumption? Who the fuck cares about fuel consumption when buying a ludicrous sports car?

Um, I don't want to be in the pits every 2 laps fueling up my car....

0-60 in 3.5 seconds? Holy crap. But lag is gonna be a huge problem.

The previous FQ400 set a record at the Top Gear test track. 3.6MPG.

Lol, that's worse than a Murcielago. :lol:

Just get a standard X and slap on some aftermarket parts..Will give you better gains for a fraction of what this thing will go for anyways..

Just make sure you get the manual non MR DSG option cuz otherwise you will be changing the tranny as well.

Just make sure you get the manual non MR DSG option cuz otherwise you will be changing the tranny as well.

There is an FQ340 SST model in the works as we speak. Reliability and durability testing has been going on for the SST tranny for some time.

Aiolos said:
0-60 in 3.5 seconds? Holy crap. But lag is gonna be a huge problem.

Like I said, I don't think lag will be much of a problem considering the FQ360 model is already making 500Nm (370ft-lb) @ 3,500rpm. The FQ400 will probably make something around 400ft-lb (540Nm) @ 3,500-4,000rpm, meaning the car will mjake boost down around 2,000rpm onward. 0-60mph in 3.5s is brutal, and probably 0-100mph in under 10s. Not bad for a 2L.:cheers:

I hope there is a gas station after you've done 1-100 in 3,5 sec, because you'll gonna need it. :p

but it is indeed a stunning car. The previous Evo's had always to small fuel tanks I hope this one is different though, but I'm afraid that won't be the case. :(